Fedora 31 Beta Released With GNOME 3.34, Guts i686 Hardware Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 31 Beta Released With GNOME 3.34, Guts i686 Hardware Support

Phoronix: Fedora 31 Beta Released With GNOME 3.34, Guts i686 Hardware Support

Fedora 31 beta has released on time! It's not only on-time but it's also coming with many exciting updates...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It'd be great of they finally started supporting TPM-unlocked LUKS OOTB, by simply ticking a checkbox during install. It's ridiculous it works just like that on any other mainstream system (Windows, macOS), even *after* installation, but on Linux you have to have your system properly partitioned *before* using it, and still a pain in the arse to manage properly. On Ubuntu it even involves patching GRUB, initrd and messing around with your TPM by hand, risking a lockout everytime.

And no, a secondary password is not "proper" management.
    Last edited by anarki2; 17 September 2019, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Does anyone know whether it includes the new pulseaudio 13 release?

Comment

Originally posted by MastaG View Post
        It has been upgraded from 12.2 to 12.99.2 which is probably the beta of 13.

Comment

People wanting Dash to Dock to work in GNOME 3.34 will need this patch.

Comment

Originally posted by MastaG View Post
            Judging by this https://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/de...ee/Packages/p/ Fedora 31 will definitely include PA 13.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

Judging by this https://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/de...ee/Packages/p/ Fedora 31 will definitely include PA 13.
              Awesome!

Now if only gnome/mutter will merge the PRs for undirecting fullscreen applications (like on X11) for 3.34.x then F31 will be awesome for games and multimedia!!

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
                Packed with new desktop features and much better performance. Expect even more performance before release!
                Why should it have 'much better' performance? I'd rather say it will have the same performance and maybe slightly worse or better.

Comment

Looking forward to this release but unfortunately my laptop failed to boot yesterday!! So now I’m looking for something better than an HP.

Comment

Working...
                  X