X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ypnos
    replied
    Originally posted by msotirov
    I thought we're past the age where anyone runs their web services on the actual host OS. Who cares what version of PHP they ship in the age of containers.
    So what do you think runs in the container? Btw. containers are not the answer to every use case.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    I thought we're past the age where anyone runs their web services on the actual host OS. Who cares what version of PHP they ship in the age of containers.
    No, not everyone uses containers. Also I care about what version of PHP they ship for when I do local web development.

Leave a comment:

• F.Ultra
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    I don't get why did they have to split the MySQL code into 2 pieces: MySQL Community and MariaDB.
    Maybe because Oracle bought MySQL, but still, why, if they both are almost the exact same code?
    They are not almost the same code, yes MariaDB incorporates most of the patches that Oracle puts into MySQL but MariaDB also performs lots of independent development (that Oracle does not put into MySQL).

Leave a comment:

• DebianLinuxero
    replied
    -Fedora 32 : the distro without 32 bit support.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Who cares what version of PHP they ship in the age of containers.
    Script kiddies. Eventually they might find a way to escape the container, and that will be a risk.

Oh come on,
    Last edited by tildearrow; 13 September 2019, 01:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• q2dg
    replied
    MariaDB was born in order to prevent eventual MySQL's licence change but still I miss a MongoDB's replacement in Fedora due to the same subject

Leave a comment:

• Britoid
    replied
    Maybe for Fedora 32 containers?

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    I don't get why did they have to split the MySQL code into 2 pieces: MySQL Community and MariaDB.
    Maybe because Oracle bought MySQL, but still, why, if they both are almost the exact same code?

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic MariaDB 10.4 + PHP 7.4 Slated For Fedora 32

MariaDB 10.4 + PHP 7.4 Slated For Fedora 32

Phoronix: MariaDB 10.4 + PHP 7.4 Slated For Fedora 32

This shouldn't come as much surprise, but the upcoming Fedora 32 will offer the latest "L.A.M.P." stack components...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X