• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    faster performance
    I thought these were shared? (e.g. adding a rule with iptables and deleting it with nft)

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by intelfx View Post
    Nice.

It is long overdue for nftables to get some wider adoption.
    nft add comment inet mytable {
    "I will never get used to nftables..."
    }

Leave a comment:

• Weasel
    replied
    Originally posted by jabl View Post
    Thanks for re-jogging my memory, I remember reading that article when it came out. Any news in the subsequent 1½ years since it was written, except that bpfilter was apparently merged for 4.18?
    Yeah I'm curious too.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
    I don't get why somebody wants to change iptables or netfilter, by some crap..
    faster performance

Leave a comment:

• q2dg
    replied
    Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
    Because nftables IS netfiler, ignorant

Leave a comment:

• tuxd3v
    replied
    Last edited by tuxd3v; 11 September 2019, 09:24 AM. Reason: typos

Leave a comment:

• oibaf
    replied
    Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
    What happens with docker/libvirt? They still don't use nftables and you can't mix iptables and nftables rules. How did they solve this issue in RHEL8?
    You can, if you use iptables with the new -nft backend, which is the default since Debian 10 and RHEL 8.

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    What happens with docker/libvirt? They still don't use nftables and you can't mix iptables and nftables rules. How did they solve this issue in RHEL8?
    Last edited by darkbasic; 11 September 2019, 04:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jabl
    replied
    Thanks for re-jogging my memory, I remember reading that article when it came out. Any news in the subsequent 1½ years since it was written, except that bpfilter was apparently merged for 4.18?

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by jabl View Post
    Wasn't there some discussion on lkml some time ago that the future is eBPF and XDP, and that nftables is a failed experiment with little usage? And somebody had created some kind of iptables implementation that in fact compiled the rules to eBPF (bpfilter). But subsequently I've heard little of it, and it seems that distros are slowly starting to switch over to nftables. What gives?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X