X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by jabl View Post
    Wasn't there some discussion on lkml some time ago that the future is eBPF and XDP, and that nftables is a failed experiment with little usage? And somebody had created some kind of iptables implementation that in fact compiled the rules to eBPF (bpfilter). But subsequently I've heard little of it, and it seems that distros are slowly starting to switch over to nftables. What gives?
    https://old.lwn.net/Articles/747551/

Leave a comment:

• jabl
    replied
    Wasn't there some discussion on lkml some time ago that the future is eBPF and XDP, and that nftables is a failed experiment with little usage? And somebody had created some kind of iptables implementation that in fact compiled the rules to eBPF (bpfilter). But subsequently I've heard little of it, and it seems that distros are slowly starting to switch over to nftables. What gives?

Leave a comment:

• intelfx
    replied
    Nice.

It is long overdue for nftables to get some wider adoption.
    Last edited by intelfx; 09-11-2019, 03:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mskarbek
    replied
    Originally posted by chilinux View Post
    Considering Fedora is normally the incubator to test changes for Red Hat Enterprise Linux, I am surprised that RHEL 8 got changed to nftables before Fedora did.
    They rushed it because otherwise, they would be stuck with iptables for the whole RHEL 8 life cycle.

Leave a comment:

• chilinux
    replied
    Considering Fedora is normally the incubator to test changes for Red Hat Enterprise Linux, I am surprised that RHEL 8 got changed to nftables before Fedora did.

From the RHEL 8 release notes section 5.1.14:

* "nftables replaces iptables as the default network packet filtering framework"

* "firewalld uses nftables by default"

As can be found here:
    https://access.redhat.com/documentat...ase#networking

Leave a comment:

Working...
X