Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clear Linux Releases Deep Learning Reference Stack 4.0 For Better AI Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear Linux Releases Deep Learning Reference Stack 4.0 For Better AI Performance

Phoronix: Clear Linux Releases Deep Learning Reference Stack 4.0 For Better AI Performance

Intel's Clear Linux team on Wednesday announced their Deep Learning Reference Stack 4.0 during the Linux Foundation's Open-Source Summit North America event taking place in San Diego...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Has anyone ever actually used this Deep Learning Reference Stack for anything? I searched for review articles, but all I can find are Intel press releases and Intel blog posts, some of which are repeated on zdnet, Forbes, Yahoo finance, etc. I see zero information about anyone ever actually using it to do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
      Has anyone ever actually used this Deep Learning Reference Stack for anything? I searched for review articles, but all I can find are Intel press releases and Intel blog posts, some of which are repeated on zdnet, Forbes, Yahoo finance, etc. I see zero information about anyone ever actually using it to do anything.
      Would they need to? Isn't it just a set of packages, such as tensorflow? Sure it has Intels optimizations, but would the only thing referenced be the package itself?

Comment

Originally posted by dragorth View Post

Would they need to? Isn't it just a set of packages, such as tensorflow? Sure it has Intels optimizations, but would the only thing referenced be the package itself?
        And yet, there are many people online sharing their experiences using tensorflow library, but my search results are barren for anyone but Intel or those who reprint Intel's press releases mentioning Deep Learning Reference Stack. Maybe it's being used in all kinds of important projects, and for some reason no one is willing to talk about it? That would be odd.

Comment

You missed my point. Just like I don't tell you that I use Ubuntu for my hosting Lamp stack, You don't mention the distribution, only the Lamp stack. I can move the lamp stack to Debian, CentOS or FreeBSD (for a FAMP or BAMP stack?), but I do need the the Lamp Stack. Yet I also don't tell you I am using a Lamp stack, I just say I am using a WordPress install. That is the part that matters, the immediate goal.

The only reason you might mention the DLRS is if you are focusing on testing the speed of the results, but most research is focused on accuracy of the result, Accuracy would depend on the reproducability of the data and the software, not the installer. (For all intents and purposes, that is what the DLRS is, and install that bundles certain common pieces together.)

Comment

Working...
          X