Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netrunner 19.08 Released For Delivering A Clean KDE Experience Atop Debian 10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Netrunner 19.08 Released For Delivering A Clean KDE Experience Atop Debian 10

    Phoronix: Netrunner 19.08 Released For Delivering A Clean KDE Experience Atop Debian 10

    Netrunner 19.08 "Indigo" was released on Tuesday as the newest version of this KDE-focused desktop Linux distribution...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...19.08-Released

  • #2
    Typo:

    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Netunner 19.08's KDE stack
    Oh wow, Plasma 5.14...

    Comment


    • #3
      What's the point of get another irrelevant Debian based distro?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        Typo:



        Oh wow, Plasma 5.14...
        Any problem with that? GUIs are so stable nowadays that the version matters little.

        It's not like Plasma 5.16 magically solves the multitude of Wayland issues that Plasma 5.14 has.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dungeon

          Same point like irrelevant Ubuntu or Arch based distros

          On DistroWatch as i see, first three most popular recently seems to be MX Linux (Debian based), Manjaro (Arch based) and Mint (Ubuntu/Debian based)

          Who knows, could be that people dislike non based on something distros

          Or are just bored with Windows "Freedom" and Linux Majors, so lets try something else
          There is no need for thousands of different distros, many of them with just 2-3 users. Netrunner doesn't offer anything new, just install KDE on Debian. All these pointless distros are a cancer for the Linux community.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by retardxfce View Post
            What's the point of get another irrelevant Debian based distro?
            Netrunner has been around for years, typically fielding a rolling release and a stable release, like this. It's entirely relevant to users who like it.

            The argument that only the most recent software releases are relevant to users reflects a mindset that frames the role of users as confined to being unpaid software testers for developers.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by retardxfce View Post

              There is no need for thousands of different distros, many of them with just 2-3 users. Netrunner doesn't offer anything new, just install KDE on Debian. All these pointless distros are a cancer for the Linux community.
              Wrong. That's what continues to fuel the private interest in Linux.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
                It's not like Plasma 5.16 magically solves the multitude of Wayland issues that Plasma 5.14 has.
                It doesn't, but Plasma 5.16 has other improvements, such as the reworked notifications. I wouldn't mind much being stuck on 5.16 for the next three years or so (though I do use rolling releases, I'm just saying I could live with 5.16 for a long time if I would actually install something like Netrunner), but 5.14, no way.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Sonadow View Post

                  Any problem with that? GUIs are so stable nowadays that the version matters little.

                  It's not like Plasma 5.16 magically solves the multitude of Wayland issues that Plasma 5.14 has.
                  No, there aren't any problems? I never said it was wrong to have Plasma 5.14...
                  It's more of a personal issue.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Lots of bug fixes in baloo and kde frameworks in each release. And the improvements to the UI, reworking of notifications, and addition of new controls like the microphone button are big ticket items in 5.16 that i think will really improve the experience for users.

                    Plus plasma 5.17 will have alot more changes (bug fixes (crashes, focus issues, etc), a wayland performance improvement, new UI changes to make things consistent and more modern, and improvements for touchscreens), and Debian wont be getting it, which is a problem imo.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X