Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    You are not making much sense.[...]
    I kindly disagree because I saw the parabola of hundreds of people who stuck with Linux as well as the parabola of even more people that simply gave up at the first issue. But you know everything...

Comment

Also, it's not like there is a shortage of new people that can be lured into using this evil OS called Lunix.
      Or the even more evil OS called Linux, which is so evil that it's not even an OS, just a kernel.

Comment

I'm wondering why this FreeOffice is free to use for both home and businness use. Where are they racking in the cash?
        The free version is limited in features while the commercial version has everything naturally.

Comment

I'm wondering why this FreeOffice is free to use for both home and businness use. Where are they racking in the cash?
          By having limited functionality and promoting their non-free versions.

Comment

They let you use most of the features of their application for free and if you like it and want more features you can buy a monthly subscription or a 1 time purchase https://www.softmaker.com/en/compari...ftmaker-office

Comment

Originally posted by Danielsan View Post
              I kindly disagree because I saw the parabola of hundreds of people who stuck with Linux as well as the parabola of even more people that simply gave up at the first issue.
              People that give up at the first issue have already decided what is best (and it is not the thing they are trying right now). You are wasting your time with them.

Comment

A great reason to not use this shitty distro. The idea of bundling an office suite by default by itself is silly, not to mention how ridiculous it is to pick a proprietary one.

Where is git in these distros? It's tiny, and it provides tangible value of being able to pull in dotfiles for software you want to use. I rarely need an office suite in the first place, and there are organizations that rely on web solutions.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOne View Post

They let you use most of the features of their application for free and if you like it and want more features you can buy a monthly subscription or a 1 time purchase https://www.softmaker.com/en/compari...ftmaker-office
                  Ah good thanks. That's something I can agree with, also the pricing (and subscription) is honest. I was worried about them trying to monetize their users in other ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Baguy View Post
                    Snap is just not anywhere near as good as flatpak, especially in theming and speeds (particularly on a non-ubuntu system). And what's wrong with libreoffice? Sure, for more advanced word documents, there are some rendering issues, but it's perfectly capable even with those issues. If the user needs something better, than they can install it itself. This reminds me of their terrible choice of implementing that web-microsoft word shortcut into manjaro.
                    better to use with arch based distros, and since they support both I can't see the problem again, people use what they want.

The non free office is a bad choice, libreoffice can come pre install and people change it if they want, but they most likely receive money for that

Comment

I like how people are okay with (or even happy about) distros adding Steam support by default. For those of you that have forgotten, Steam is proprietary.

But the moment it goes to something else like improving compatibility with Microsoft Office, people get their panties in a twist. Hypocrites.

Comment

Working...
                      X