Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ubuntu 19.10 Development Continues With Latest GNOME Updates, ZFS, Optimizations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Originally posted by sverris View Post

    iom, 'on demand' is still the best mode.
    you can make the mode of your choice permanent...
    I don't have any complaints with schedutil.

    Though I do use GameMode to change stuff to performance, like x264 and makepkg. They should rename GameMode to BoostMode because I use it for various system programs just as much as I do for games.

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by down1 View Post
      Looking forward for the gnome performance improvements. I recently discovered why performance on my laptop was so depressing, turns out the intel p_state driver is very reluctant to go above 800mhz when on battery power.
      A while back when I switched one of my laptops from Kubuntu to Arch, I noticed poor performance when trying to play 60FPS video. "intel_pstate" turned out to be the culprit, so I solved the issue by raising the value of "min_perf_pct". In my case, a value of 40 seemed to seemed to make the videos play smoothly.

      Comment


      • #13
        The picking MR is almost ready now.
        https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutte...e_requests/189

        Comment


        • #14
          - Improving the experience for running NVIDIA graphics on the Ubuntu desktop. These include Nouveau bugs, beginning to ship new NVIDIA Linux driver release updates in their repository, and different desktop bugs with their binary driver.
          I think it's quite nice that they want to integrate all possible current nouveau and blob driver bugs, so that nvidia users go on to get what they're used to.

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
            The picking MR is almost ready now.
            https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutte...e_requests/189
            Ooh very nice, didn't know about that one...

            Comment


            • #16
              Still haven't seen any part of gnome 3.33 actually in Eoan yet, waiting for that!

              Comment


              • #17
                Originally posted by Hibbelharry View Post

                I think it's quite nice that they want to integrate all possible current nouveau and blob driver bugs, so that nvidia users go on to get what they're used to.
                Lol. That’s a hilarious typo

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by Chugworth View Post
                  A while back when I switched one of my laptops from Kubuntu to Arch, I noticed poor performance when trying to play 60FPS video. "intel_pstate" turned out to be the culprit, so I solved the issue by raising the value of "min_perf_pct". In my case, a value of 40 seemed to seemed to make the videos play smoothly.
                  Does the energy performance bias knob help?

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    What are you most excited for in Ubuntu 19.10 or hoping to see?
                    graphical compositor based on wayland as default and native wayland programs operating in the Os.

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
                      What are you most excited for in Ubuntu 19.10 or hoping to see?
                      graphical compositor based on wayland as default and native wayland programs operating in the Os.
                      And all of this working with the Nvidia proprietary driver too.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X