Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deepin 15.11 Desktop Could Be On The Way To Fedora 31

Phoronix: Deepin 15.11 Desktop Could Be On The Way To Fedora 31

Released last week was Deepin 15.11 with various desktop improvements for this popular third-party desktop option. This desktop option could be on its way to Fedora 31's package repository to replace the existing Deepin 5.9 packaging...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is that the spyware from China?

Comment

do we need it?

Comment

Deepin needs to put as much work into performance as they do in their nice GUI. I have tested it often with PTS and it seems to bring up the rear most of the time.

I could see why people might want to see their desktop design exported to other platforms, but if it drags it down like the current version of Deepin, most people will stick with Mint probably.

Comment

Originally posted by ezst036 View Post
          Is that the spyware from China?
          It's an open-source distro, and the occasional allegation of spying has never been substantiated. Having said that, unless you're carrying around state secrets, or planning on agitating for political change inside China and then visiting China ... I think spyware from China would affect you less than spyware from the West?

Comment

Originally posted by dkasak View Post

It's an open-source distro, and the occasional allegation of spying has never been substantiated. Having said that, unless you're carrying around state secrets, or planning on agitating for political change inside China and then visiting China ... I think spyware from China would affect you less than spyware from the West?
            Plus the alleged spyware was only present in their store, which only ships with their own distro. The desktop environment is store-free (distros add their own store).

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Plus the alleged spyware was only present in their store, which only ships with their own distro. The desktop environment is store-free (distros add their own store).
              Why do people talk about "spyware" and stuff when it's Chinese, but why don't we mention "spyware" when talking about Google, Apple, Microsoft or the like?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Why do people talk about "spyware" and stuff when it's Chinese, but why don't we mention "spyware" when talking about Google, Apple, Microsoft or the like?
                Don't ask me. I don't call Chinese software spyware unless it's actually proven, and I do call Google, Facebook, etc. spyware.

Comment

Working...
                X