Debian 10.0 "Buster" Now Available - Powered By Linux 4.19, GNOME + Wayland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

When you need things like LLVM 9 for AMDGPU optimizations, or, holy shit, Mesa newer than 18.3...ROFL...Debian is going to suck for gaming.
    So don't use it for gaming.

Comment

Anyone got this error when upgrading Debian testing?

Code:
      E: Repository 'http://deb.debian.org/debian testing InRelease' changed its 'Codename' value from 'buster' to 'bullseye'
      N: This must be accepted explicitly before updates for this repository can be applied. See apt-secure(8) manpage for details.
      E: The repository 'http://security.debian.org/debian-security testing/updates Release' no longer has a Release file.
      N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
      Any idea how to work around it?

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

When you need things like LLVM 9 for AMDGPU optimizations, or, holy shit, Mesa newer than 18.3...ROFL...Debian is going to suck for gaming.
        You aren't supposed to be using Debian stable for gaming. Use Debian testing.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
          Anyone got this error when upgrading Debian testing?

Code:
          E: Repository 'http://deb.debian.org/debian testing InRelease' changed its 'Codename' value from 'buster' to 'bullseye'
          N: This must be accepted explicitly before updates for this repository can be applied. See apt-secure(8) manpage for details.
          E: The repository 'http://security.debian.org/debian-security testing/updates Release' no longer has a Release file.
          N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
          Any idea how to work around it?
          That isn't an error really, should happen only once since you just need to say Yes or No there - if you wanna stick to stable (Debian 10) or to continue with Testing

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

That isn't an error really, should happen only once since you just need to say Yes or No there - if you wanna stick to stable (Debian 10) or to continue with Testing
            It doesn't ask anything, just fails on sudo apt-get update. So what's the way to work around it?

Comment

Tried to boot via grub-efi-arm64 and it didn't work. "failed to open venhw" "failed to load image venhw"

Comment

It doesn't ask anything, just fails on sudo apt-get update. So what's the way to work around it?
                Well, It should ask you Maybe some mirrors aren't yet updated or something... here it just asked me and no problem after that

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Well, It should ask you Maybe some mirrors aren't yet updated or something... here it just asked me and no problem after that
                  Interesting, I tried a different mirror and didn't have any issue. It must be their repo config is messed up.

security.debian.org though is still broken.

Comment

Interesting, I tried a different mirror and didn't have any issue.
                    What to say there, just wait then

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post

If you can't make Debian work, you might as well just give up on computing altogether. That's a sad comment.
                      Do you realize that's the D9VK developer upset that Debian 10 doesn't provide tools that are as up to date as they should be, notably MinGW, for compiling newer versions of Wine so he can do his thing which is providing us assholes a nice DX9 gaming experience using Wine?

Granted, Debian is shipping Wine 4.0 and doesn't need that just yet, but if Debian doesn't provide tools new enough for one's workflow, that is a valid reason to be upset about its package choices on release day.

It's not about making Debian work. We can all do that. It's about Debian, or any OS for that matter, working out of the box without needing to replace major system packages, changing or adding repositories, or other low level system work just so one can do day-to-day stuff.

I don't care for the "use testing" suggestions. Might as well us an actual stable and up-to-date distribution. I do not drink the debianxfce Kool-Aid. Been there, done that, and therefore I now use Arch or Manjaro.

I don't want to come off too hard on Debian because it was my first Linux distro so I hope it does well, but its package choices make a lot of other distributions better suited for desktops and desktop work and Debian better of as a server OS.

Comment

Working...
                      X