Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian 10.0 "Buster" Release Images Are Up For Testing

Phoronix: Debian 10.0 "Buster" Release Images Are Up For Testing

With Debian 10.0 aiming to release next weekend, the near-final release images have been uploaded with enthusiasts encouraged to test out these builds for spotting any lingering bugs...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Yay, soon testing will get new packages again.

Comment

Been running perfectly for me since RC1 was released.

Comment

my favorite distro

Comment

It's a shame they don't update to latest stable kernel. I hope someday packages like kernel, ffmpeg, web browsers and office suites get very regularly updated.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
            It's a shame they don't update to latest stable kernel. I hope someday packages like kernel, ffmpeg, web browsers and office suites get very regularly updated.
            They do update if you use sid, which, in my opinion, is the only reasonable choice for desktop users that choose Debian.

Oh yes, you're right, sid does have some sharp edges now and then, but hey, it's Debian after all, and freedom comes at a price.

Comment

I downloaded a RC1 and a RC2 but I still continues to see the same old Debian installer... :-/

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
                I just end up building it myself in such cases.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

I just end up building it myself in such cases.
                  I have been having lots of issues building Firefox on Debian 10. What a disappointment; these issues never happened in Ubuntu, OpenSUSE Leap and Fedora. Problems include dbus symbols not found even though libdbus-1-dev has been installed (and this is even after disable-dbus was specified in mozconfig), and segfaulting on launch.

More infuriating is that I can build FF multiple times with the same mozconfig and get multiple different results. First time builds successfully but segfaults on launch under Wayland, second time builds successfully but segfaults under both X11 and Wayland, and the final attempt failed with missing dbus symbols even though disable-dbus is specified and libdbus-1-dev is installed.

The latest nightly also no longer recognizes the 'disable-elf-hack' option which is required by Debian for a successful build.
                  Last edited by Sonadow; 01 July 2019, 10:59 PM.

Comment

I have been having lots of issues building Firefox on Debian 10
                    Just download Firefox on their website. I'm doing it since 5 years and i never had problems...

Comment

Working...
                    X