Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedora Workstation 31 Is Looking Great With Many Original Features Being Worked On

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora Workstation 31 Is Looking Great With Many Original Features Being Worked On

Phoronix: Fedora Workstation 31 Is Looking Great With Many Original Features Being Worked On

Fedora Workstation 31 is shaping up to be another exciting release for this Red Hat sponsored Linux distribution. As usual, a ton of original upstream features are being worked on for this innovative desktop/workstation Linux spin...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...on-31-Progress

• RahulSundaram
    replied
    Originally posted by sophisticles View Post

I'll be happy with one example. Go.
    There are literally dozens and dozens of such examples. Since you asked for one: SELinux integration by default. If you want to learn more, I will give you a whole product: Fedora Silverblue. I will leave it up to you to find plenty more

Leave a comment:

• nomadewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
    heloooooo Stratis

PS
    amazing efforts.. what a team!
    is there any other distro out there bringing so much innovation and contributing to the Linux ecosystem?
    Fedora brings more stuff, faster.
    Other distros bring cool stuff also.
    It's about finding your flavour.

Leave a comment:

• finalzone
    replied

Name a single "unique feature" that has appeared in a Fedora or Red Hat release before it was available in any other distro.
    Search engine is your friend.

Leave a comment:

• sb56637
    replied
    Originally posted by You- View Post

Solus is already dead
    Why do you say that? I'm not even a Solus user, but I really respect their work, and this comment sounds like baseless FUD.

Leave a comment:

• sophisticles
    replied
    Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

That is nowhere near an honest question. It is a prime example of a heavily loaded one ie) an thinly veiled accusation. A honest question would be, is this article being sponsored by Red Hat in someway? In any case, there is a lot of examples of Red Hat developing features first for Fedora. Of course because Red Hat develops it as open source software and contributes them upstream, it typically ends up in other distributions fairly quickly but not always.
    I'll be happy with one example. Go.

Leave a comment:

• sophisticles
    replied
    Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
    sophisticles Please, cut back on the conspiracies. Fedora develops a LOT of unique features. All public. Luckily the work happens upstream so they end up in other distributions.
    Name a single "unique feature" that has appeared in a Fedora or Red Hat release before it was available in any other distro.

Leave a comment:

• hax0r
    replied
    Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
    I just miss Opensuse rollback functionality...
    https://dustymabe.com/2019/01/06/fed...ra-29-edition/
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Chang...ystemSnapshots

Leave a comment:

• horizonbrave
    replied

ROTFLMAO!!! Funniest comment I have read in a long time. Thanks!
    Oh man, just simply see it like that:
    I use and love Gnome (despite the shortcomings) every day, and that gives you a certain level of gratitude towards who make that possible. I guess it must be hard for you to believe, but it's that simple.
    Not to mention the fuckin' flickin' free boot experience: priceless!
    Just cosmetics? Well, thanks Fedora team for all the lipstick!

​​​​I do nothing to improve or contribute to the Linux ecosystem, what have you done so far?

Leave a comment:

• horizonbrave
    replied
    is anybody lately still bothering Linus to ask him through interviews what distro he's using?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X