Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedora Workstation 31 Is Looking Great With Many Original Features Being Worked On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
    s there any other distro out there bringing so much innovation and contributing to the Linux ecosystem?
    Fedora is very much an upstream distro, maybe SUSE too?

Ubuntu will end up picking what's in Fedora about a decade later.

Comment

I hope they improved the installer. Last time I was installing Fedora it was painful experience.

Comment

Running Fedora 29 this is all good news. I’ve been very pleased with Fedoras stability overall. That is a lot to say because for years Fedora wasn’t exactly the most stable distro. Sometimes being innovative resulted in sloppiness. This hasn’t been a problem with recent Fedora versions though, things work with a minimal of trauma.

Comment

heloooooo Stratis

PS
          amazing efforts.. what a team!
          is there any other distro out there bringing so much innovation and contributing to the Linux ecosystem?
          ROTFLMAO!!! Funniest comment I have read in a long time. Thanks!

Comment

Fedora Workstation 31 is shaping up to be another exciting release for this Red Hat sponsored Linux distribution. As usual, a ton of original upstream features are being worked on for this innovative desktop/workstation Linux spin.
            Honest question, how much does Red Hat pay you to write stuff like this? I have no problem if an article is sponsored by a vendor but at least disclose this at some point, maybe a foot note or something.

There's just no way anyone actually believes the line you wrote.

Name a single "original upstream feature" that's being worked on (I'm lowering the bare from "a ton") and explain to me what made previous Fedora versions "exciting" and what makes Fedora "innovative".

Name a single thing you can do with Fedora that can't be done with Manjaro, Ubuntu, Debian, Suse, Slack, Void, Gentoo, or any of the BSD's.

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post
              Honest question, how much does Red Hat pay you to write stuff like this?
              TIL that accusing a journalist of being a shill because they like a product = an honest question.

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post

Honest question, how much does Red Hat pay you to write stuff like this?
                That is nowhere near an honest question. It is a prime example of a heavily loaded one ie) an thinly veiled accusation. A honest question would be, is this article being sponsored by Red Hat in someway? In any case, there is a lot of examples of Red Hat developing features first for Fedora. Of course because Red Hat develops it as open source software and contributes them upstream, it typically ends up in other distributions fairly quickly but not always.

Comment

heloooooo Stratis
                  is there any other distro out there bringing so much innovation and contributing to the Linux ecosystem?
                  Solus, Clear, Genode... just to name a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Solus, Clear, Genode... just to name a few.
                    Solus is already dead - and other than the shell it did very little other innovation. It lacks the developer capacity to do too much beyond integration of existing projects.

Clear Linux does do a lot of lower level performance work. It is also a very important project as it allows one of the largest hardware/software companies to work on various levels of the opensource stack.

Genode has little direct impact on Linux. Once again, they will lack the capacity as compared to Fedora/RedHat.

Comment

I just miss Opensuse rollback functionality (snapper and grub able to boot snapshots), I guess I can't get them all or I guess I should just be happy with Tumbleweed

Comment

Working...
                      X