Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedora Workstation 31 Is Looking Great With Many Original Features Being Worked On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonadow
    replied
    Originally posted by Anvil View Post
    i still think firefox will be an issue under Wayland,
    Firefox and Thunderbird on Wayland have always been problematic on any environment that is not Gnome.

In Plasma Wayland, they never launch, or launch with windows that cannot be interacted with.

Under Weston, they cannot register mouse clicks on menus, and pressing the Esc button to close certain dialogue boxes locks the system up.

So far Chromium is the only browser that is almost perfectly usable on Wayland but needs to be self-built to do so.

Leave a comment:

• hubick
    replied
    Originally posted by Anvil View Post
    I was running Firefox-Wayland as my day to day for quite some time (since Fedora 29 release), but the last month it's had so many problems with anything bringing up windows (mainly anything to do with bookmarks, or moving them around), that I actually had to switch back to the X version :-(

Leave a comment:

• Anvil
    replied
    Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
    I will give Fedora two to three releases to observe the extent in which the IBM acquisition will affect them, if at all.

If they aren't, I shall continue using them again. Until then, I'll use Debian 10 for the time being.
    i really cant see the the IBM acquisition Hurting Fedora at all, in affect i think it'll work for Fedora.

Leave a comment:

• Sonadow
    replied
    Originally posted by pipe13 View Post

I wouldn't rule out Debian.
    Debian is not even in the picture where innovation is concerned. It's is too conservative to propose disruptive changes upstream, or let upstream introduce disruptive changes.

The only innovative thing I appreciate coming out of them is their approach to multiarch vs the /lib + lib64 approach that RPM distributions have adopted.

Leave a comment:

• Sonadow
    replied
    I will give Fedora two to three releases to observe the extent in which the IBM acquisition will affect them, if at all.

If they aren't, I shall continue using them again. Until then, I'll use Debian 10 for the time being.

Leave a comment:

• pipe13
    replied
    Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
    heloooooo Stratis

PS
    amazing efforts.. what a team!
    is there any other distro out there bringing so much innovation and contributing to the Linux ecosystem?
    I'm a long-time Fedora user myself, but wouldn't rule out Debian.
    Last edited by pipe13; 24 June 2019, 09:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Anvil
    replied

Leave a comment:

• horizonbrave
    replied
    heloooooo Stratis

PS
    amazing efforts.. what a team!
    is there any other distro out there bringing so much innovation and contributing to the Linux ecosystem?
    Last edited by horizonbrave; 24 June 2019, 08:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Fedora Workstation 31 Is Looking Great With Many Original Features Being Worked On

Phoronix: Fedora Workstation 31 Is Looking Great With Many Original Features Being Worked On

Fedora Workstation 31 is shaping up to be another exciting release for this Red Hat sponsored Linux distribution. As usual, a ton of original upstream features are being worked on for this innovative desktop/workstation Linux spin...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X