Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedora Workstation 31 Is Looking Great With Many Original Features Being Worked On

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Solus, Clear, Genode... just to name a few.
    Solus is already dead - and other than the shell it did very little other innovation. It lacks the developer capacity to do too much beyond integration of existing projects.

Clear Linux does do a lot of lower level performance work. It is also a very important project as it allows one of the largest hardware/software companies to work on various levels of the opensource stack.

Genode has little direct impact on Linux. Once again, they will lack the capacity as compared to Fedora/RedHat.

Comment

I just miss Opensuse rollback functionality (snapper and grub able to boot snapshots), I guess I can't get them all or I guess I should just be happy with Tumbleweed

Comment

is anybody lately still bothering Linus to ask him through interviews what distro he's using?

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post

ROTFLMAO!!! Funniest comment I have read in a long time. Thanks!
          Oh man, just simply see it like that:
          I use and love Gnome (despite the shortcomings) every day, and that gives you a certain level of gratitude towards who make that possible. I guess it must be hard for you to believe, but it's that simple.
          Not to mention the fuckin' flickin' free boot experience: priceless!
          Just cosmetics? Well, thanks Fedora team for all the lipstick!

​​​​I do nothing to improve or contribute to the Linux ecosystem, what have you done so far?

Comment

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
            I just miss Opensuse rollback functionality...
            https://dustymabe.com/2019/01/06/fed...ra-29-edition/
            https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Chang...ystemSnapshots

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
              sophisticles Please, cut back on the conspiracies. Fedora develops a LOT of unique features. All public. Luckily the work happens upstream so they end up in other distributions.
              Name a single "unique feature" that has appeared in a Fedora or Red Hat release before it was available in any other distro.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

That is nowhere near an honest question. It is a prime example of a heavily loaded one ie) an thinly veiled accusation. A honest question would be, is this article being sponsored by Red Hat in someway? In any case, there is a lot of examples of Red Hat developing features first for Fedora. Of course because Red Hat develops it as open source software and contributes them upstream, it typically ends up in other distributions fairly quickly but not always.
                I'll be happy with one example. Go.

Comment

Originally posted by You- View Post

Solus is already dead
                  Why do you say that? I'm not even a Solus user, but I really respect their work, and this comment sounds like baseless FUD.

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post

Name a single "unique feature" that has appeared in a Fedora or Red Hat release before it was available in any other distro.
                    Search engine is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
                      heloooooo Stratis

PS
                      amazing efforts.. what a team!
                      is there any other distro out there bringing so much innovation and contributing to the Linux ecosystem?
                      Fedora brings more stuff, faster.
                      Other distros bring cool stuff also.
                      It's about finding your flavour.

Comment

Working...
                      X