Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

100+ Benchmarks Between Clear Linux vs. Arch-Based Manjaro Linux - Summer 2019 Tests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100+ Benchmarks Between Clear Linux vs. Arch-Based Manjaro Linux - Summer 2019 Tests

Phoronix: 100+ Benchmarks Between Clear Linux vs. Arch-Based Manjaro Linux - Summer 2019 Tests

For those wondering how Intel's performance-optimized Clear Linux is comparing to the Arch-based Manjaro Linux distribution, here are a number of benchmarks on the same Intel Core i7 8700K in seeing how these rolling-release distros are competing for summer 2019...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Why Manjaroooooooo?... There's a bunch of True Arch installing scripts out there...

Comment

dav1d results

Clear: 119.15fps
      Manjaro: 111.48fps

1080p

Clear: 402.57fps
      Manjaro: 376.10fps

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        Why Manjaroooooooo?... There's a bunch of True Arch installing scripts out there...
        Why not manjaro?

Comment

wow, manjaro holds up pretty well, im proud to use it

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
            bootsplash, other kernel patches, driver manager util, pamac package frontend, and much more....

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post

Why not manjaro?

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

Manjaro is frankenarch.
              OK, let's be more specific because apparently people want Manjaro.

Manjaro is not Arch. Manjaro very likely recompiles packages with different flags resulting in performance that differs from Arch.
              Last edited by tildearrow; 17 June 2019, 03:48 PM. Reason: elaborate

Comment

I like the new graph... don't have any other useful feedback yet though, seems to do its job well.
                Test signature

Comment

Michael I really like the new graph. As for suggestions -
                  • Render as SVG with a direct link to the open benchmarking result (i.e the test name in the first column links to the test result itself)
                  • hover text (if you can in SVG?) with the actual results per row
                  • Adding the geometric or harmonic averages at the bottom for a summary, (with a little bit of padding to distinctly separate it from the body of results
                  • Does it render error bars?

Comment

The chart is quite long so I think it makes sense to order it such that the most interesting results are near the top, and the immaterial noise is at the bottom. You could sort it simply by magnitude, but that would spatially separate results for the same application where the magnitude varies significantly depending on the specific benchmark (eg. Flexible IO Tester). You could also sort it by total magnitude for each application (or some weighted metric to avoid skewing towards applications with many results of moderate magnitude), and then by each benchmark for a given application. This will keep results for applications like Flexible IO Tester together, but ensure that it sits below NAS Parallel Benchmarks.

Comment

Working...
                    X