Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

100+ Benchmarks Between Clear Linux vs. Arch-Based Manjaro Linux - Summer 2019 Tests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the new graphic. It's easy to see who wins. Maybe conditional coloring to highlight significance. If people don't like the long vertical, perhaps chunking it out into a few dashboard widgets but you could still see it on one page. Maybe chunk it out on classifications of tests and then for each section denote an overall winner, and have an overall winner. Throw some statistics in how it weighs things or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by jawz101 View Post
      I like the new graphic. It's easy to see who wins. Maybe conditional coloring to highlight significance. If people don't like the long vertical, perhaps chunking it out into a few dashboard widgets but you could still see it on one page. Maybe chunk it out on classifications of tests and then for each section denote an overall winner, and have an overall winner. Throw some statistics in how it weighs things or whatever.
      Thanks for feedback.

There is 'overall winner' denoted in other graphs like the geometric mean graph. As for dashboard widgets or showing more stuff embedded in a single graphic, that isn't done since I am maintaining the same code path to also be able to generate graphs for PNG (in cases of old browsers still or other odd scenarios) as well as for being able to generate the graphs for embedding into PDF files, etc.Rather than maintaining multiple code paths due to being short on time / resources as it is, that is unfortunately why more graphs aren't 'interactive' right now.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Sweet benchmarks. I would love to see a representative from each distro (or something) be in charge of configuration. And Gentoo would be especially interesting to see - I've not seen in benchmarked for quite a while. It is supposedly "not needed anymore since our hardware is so fast." But a posh bunch of Phoronix graphs on EPYC optimized for Gentoo would be interesting to see. Also would be interesting to see how much worse the zen kernel performs on such benchmarks.

Comment

Working...
        X