• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by Britoid View Post
    Where's debianxfce when you need him?
    He's in the haunted hall more commonly known as the Global Ignore List, a place where you speak, but your voice never exits the hall. Not even Michael with his sound amplifier can hear him.

Leave a comment:

• Britoid
    replied
    Where's debianxfce when you need him?

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by Danielsan View Post
    Finally I was getting tired, anyway Debian needs to do something more, something more thrilling,
    No it should not. Debian is for stability and serious environments. If you want new and thrilling change distro please.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The next time I will install Devuan or Mx Linux.

Leave a comment:

• Danielsan
    replied
    I think the CoC is a great introduction, especially when you have to put together people from different cultures, also cultures that are totally backward to accept, or understand, what should be the minimum civil rights (to not say also social) acceptable.

Leave a comment:

• jacob
    replied
    Originally posted by Panda_Wrist View Post

Future releases shall be named after Harry Potter characters since Toy Story is not diverse enough.
    Here's a (semi) serious idea. I think that Devuan has had a very positive effect on the Linux world at large. Thanks to it, all the Init Freedom warriors and other freaks triumphally isolated themselves in self-imposed exile and left the rest of the community alone. So maybe we could use the same approach here. We could create an official Progressive fork of Debian, guaranteed 100% woke, diverse, inclusive, LGBTIQWXYZ1234-oriented, non-offensive and politically correct to death. In order to be able to download it, you would first need to click on Check My Privilege and then accept an EULA in which you would explicitly acknowledge that computers are nonbinary.

Then maybe SJWs would flock there (if only because it would become impossible for them to be seen using any other OS), they could obsess about CoCs until the cows come home, hold developer conferences on whether "kill" should be renamed, and redefine the absolutely triggering terminology of master/slave. Meanwhile, normal people would be able to live in peace and relative sanity.

Leave a comment:

• jacob
    replied
    Finally I was getting tired, anyway Debian needs to do something more, something more thrilling, like adopting elogind, changing the package manager for NIX or GUIX; since the systemd adoption is totally lobotomized, it is just a collection of software and nothing more, the last exciting thing I remember is the reproducible build...
    Yeah. Debian should abandon the packaging system it created, which is also the most widespread and successful package manager in the Linux world, and replace it with some obscure technology that nobody uses. They should support elogind and other useless me-too projects Just Because(tm). They should target their distro at greybeard VUAs who are nostalgic of the 1970s on one hand, and l33t teenagers on the other hand. Great ideas, it's a sure way not to be lobotomised </sarcasm>.

Are you by any chance the lead developer, release manager or technical director of some distro? If so, please let us know which one so that we can avoid it at all costs in the interest of public mental health.

Leave a comment:

• Danielsan
    replied
    Originally posted by arokh View Post
    Yeah, that's totally what Debian needs... Not. Hopefully you'll move to Devuan along with the rest of the lobotimized users.
    Bad thing the stomach acidity, isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• arokh
    replied
    Finally I was getting tired, anyway Debian needs to do something more, something more thrilling, like adopting elogind, changing the package manager for NIX or GUIX; since the systemd adoption is totally lobotomized, it is just a collection of software and nothing more, the last exciting thing I remember is the reproducible build...
    Yeah, that's totally what Debian needs... Not. Hopefully you'll move to Devuan along with the rest of the lobotimized users.

Leave a comment:

• Panda_Wrist
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    Thankfully the anti-harassment team hasn't objected upon the "Buster" codename.

OK I'm sorry.
    Future releases shall be named after Harry Potter characters since Toy Story is not diverse enough.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X