Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian 10.0 "Buster" Lining Up To Release In Early July

Phoronix: Debian 10.0 "Buster" Lining Up To Release In Early July

We now have a tentative release date for the big Debian 10 "Buster" release...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...r-Release-Date

Thankfully the anti-harassment team hasn't objected upon the "Buster" codename.

OK I'm sorry.

Comment

Finally. The freeze was getting too long.

Comment

GNOME, and to make things "better", with Wayland as the default session.

I bet this makes for a wonderful first-time experience, provided the debian installer doesn't fail and makes it impossible to even launch the desktop. This is how you make sure people won't pick up GNU/Linux as their operating system.

Comment

Not interested of this release, the first release after Potato I am not interested. Debian is overrated.

Comment

Rocking Debian 9 here, upgrading to 10 will be a big undertaking with my setup but a worthwhile one in the long run. Thank you Debian team

Comment

Finally I was getting tired, anyway Debian needs to do something more, something more thrilling, like adopting elogind, changing the package manager for NIX or GUIX; since the systemd adoption is totally lobotomized, it is just a collection of software and nothing more, the last exciting thing I remember is the reproducible build...

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                They will rename it to Bodypositivester before the release.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

OK I'm sorry.
                  Future releases shall be named after Harry Potter characters since Toy Story is not diverse enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Danielsan View Post
                    Finally I was getting tired, anyway Debian needs to do something more, something more thrilling, like adopting elogind, changing the package manager for NIX or GUIX; since the systemd adoption is totally lobotomized, it is just a collection of software and nothing more, the last exciting thing I remember is the reproducible build...
                    Yeah, that's totally what Debian needs... Not. Hopefully you'll move to Devuan along with the rest of the lobotimized users.

Comment

Working...
                    X