Clear Linux Further Enhances Its Desktop Installer, Launches Help Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post

Did you check the firmware of your NVMe module? Is there an update? It was one of the recommendations.
    I updated the firmware but clear linux still does not see the NVMes

Comment

I love Solus to death, but I'm going to give Clear a try this week!

Comment

I let the PTS script run all night on the new Clear desktop spin and it was rebooted again this AM, but no kernel panics this time.

I will check the PTS logs and see where it bounced this time.

I walked away at around 45m into it.

If I can't find the cause I will put another OS on with the latest spin and see if it repeats and rinse. That will tell me if its Clear or the hardware for sure.

Comment

Well, that didn't go far. The PTS_SAVE_RESULTS_PATH is empty. When I restarted the program, it prompted me as if I was a new user for the first time. I would take this to mean that PTS does not record results immediately after each test in the script. I am pretty sure it was into the 3rd or 4th test when I walked away so we will try this again.

Comment

Well, that didn't go far. The PTS_SAVE_RESULTS_PATH is empty. When I restarted the program, it prompted me as if I was a new user for the first time. I would take this to mean that PTS does not record results immediately after each test in the script. I am pretty sure it was into the 3rd or 4th test when I walked away so we will try this again.
            Any version of PTS in the past number of years does save the results progressively after each individual test run. Does it show up under phoronix-test-suite list-results?
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Any version of PTS in the past number of years does save the results progressively after each individual test run. Does it show up under phoronix-test-suite list-results?
              Thanks, I have Ubuntu 19.04 testing right now, but I will remount the Clear Linux image and see if list-results has anything. I am pretty sure it came back empty, but I will recheck after this one is done.

Comment

Thanks, I have Ubuntu 19.04 testing right now, but I will remount the Clear Linux image and see if list-results has anything. I am pretty sure it came back empty, but I will recheck after this one is done.
                The machine failed in the middle of the PTS script in Ubuntu 19.04. Just started just beeping continuously and loudly. At least now I know it wasn't Clear Linux. Whew!

Time for a new test donor.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

wintel conspiracy uses gnome3 to prevent the Linux desktop success.
                  You're increasingly coming across the way I would expect someone to come across if they were trying to parody debianxfce.

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post

AMD is furthering their X86 dominance after all in the data center and also in the desktop space on Windows.
                    Are they dominating the data center? If you mean they're catching up, that's not furthering dominance.

Comment

Originally posted by jo-erlend View Post

Are they dominating the data center? If you mean they're catching up, that's not furthering dominance.
                      Please read my post carefully, their dominance = Intel's dominance. The point is: AMD doing well with X86 makes it harder for Power 9 and the ARM64 server vendors to get a foothold into the market even when Intel struggles like they do now.

Comment

Working...
                      X