Clear Linux Further Enhances Its Desktop Installer, Launches Help Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ms178 View Post

Please read my post carefully, their dominance = Intel's dominance. The point is: AMD doing well with X86 makes it harder for Power 9 and the ARM64 server vendors to get a foothold into the market even when Intel struggles like they do now.
    Ah, yes, I see. You mean in the way that Pepsi is furthering Coca-Cola's dominance and Coca-Cola is furthering Pepsi's by both pretending there are no other colas. It's an interesting point, particularly concerning Power. I'm not sure ARM64 is a natural competitor yet.

I really don't like the Intel/AMD duopoly at all, but at the same time, I really love what Intel is doing for Linux. To be honest and blunt, Linux is the only reason I've been buying Intel. They took us seriously when none of the others did. That's worth something to me. But now that IBM owns Red Hat, it will be very interesting to see what they can come up with.

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post

Please read my post carefully, their dominance = Intel's dominance. The point is: AMD doing well with X86 makes it harder for Power 9 and the ARM64 server vendors to get a foothold into the market even when Intel struggles like they do now.
      I wrote a reply that got unapproved, for some reason that I can't understand. But I see your point and it's an interesting one.

Comment

Working...
      X