Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debian 10 "Buster" Currently Defaults To GNOME On Wayland, But That Still Could Change

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by retardxfce View Post
    I agree that XFCE is perfect but I dont agree that it has HiDPI support which is an unnecessary bloated feature that XFCE doesnt need...
    Ok, you win, I lose. Can't think of a sane reply to this impeccable logic.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
      I agree that gnome3 is perfect but I dont agree that it has HiDPI support which is an unnecessary bloated feature that gnome3 doesnt need. HiDPI is an Apple invention to trick users into buying cheap 4K monitors. I have a 4K monitor which does not work with my Gnome3 desktop with "wayland" or hidpi". This is a perfect resolution because it allows me to run my games at lowest settings. With my stock Fedora kernel and slow Gnome3 desktop I get 0 FPS while running Assassin's Creed 1 on Steam Proton and 0 FPS on Super Tux Kart because the gnome3 desktop with wayland crashes.

The Fedora user eye cant see above 3 fps anyway so you dont need more.
      I legitimately had to do a double-take at your username and post count just to make sure it wasn't yet another joke account mimicking you.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
        You can not code:https://github.com/schmidtbag
        Start programming and stop hunting me.
        A few things:
        1. How is my ability to code at all relevant to anything in this entire discussion, or the comment you replied to?
        2. Since when is github the definition of whether you can program something? I'm sure I do more programming than you on a weekly basis (some of which even involves using git, just not github), either for work or for my hobbies. Most of that code can't be publicized, either because it contains private information or because it's specific to a one-of-a-kind piece of hardware. Some of my hobby code is publicly available and open-source, just not posted on github.
        3. I am not hunting you. Look back through all your posts with me (from any thread) and you'll find I'm far less aggressive/antagonistic against you than many others.
        4. Bold claims warrant feedback whether you're asking for it or not.

Comment

Working...
        X