Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.0 Reaches General Availability

Phoronix: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.0 Reaches General Availability

As we've been expecting, Red Hat just announced the general availability of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What about colonel availability?

Comment

RHEL 8.0 Release Notes: https://access.redhat.com/documentat...se_notes/index

Comment

hey Michael, it's time to upgrade the redhat logo in the news

Comment

The best Linux distro, bar none.

Comment

Is it possible to use zfs with Red Hat Enterprise 8?
            ## VGA ##
            AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
            Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

What's with everyone's fetish to use ancient software (Linux 4.18, really?) and keeping it up and running for way too many years? Linux has a stable release, and it's called stable for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
                The enterprise users just got a ..., leaner desktop.
                I don't know about leaner... iso went from 4.2 gigs to 6.6 gigs. Gotta have a dual layer dvd to burn the iso now. And no, I can't use thumbdrives.

Comment

Originally posted by DoMiNeLa10 View Post
                  What's with everyone's fetish to use ancient software (Linux 4.18, really?) and keeping it up and running for way too many years? Linux has a stable release, and it's called stable for a reason.
                  Clearly you've never had to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars due to that 15 min windows of service down-time caused when that out-of-tree kernel module that your storage depends on caused the cluster nodes to core dump after the upgrade, violating your SLA requirement stipulating 99.9975% uptime. When a few min of downtime costs more than you make in a year's salary, you do not just upgrade on a whim.

Comment

I wish they offered Consumer subscriptions. I want to use RHEL but I don't want to pay $300 a year for a developer account. I know there's CentOS, I might need to give it a try again.

Comment

Working...
                    X