Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 19.10 Is The "Eoan Ermine" Release

Phoronix: Ubuntu 19.10 Is The "Eoan Ermine" Release

What comes after Eoan in the Ubuntu codename fun? It's not Elephant, Eagle, Eel, or even Earwig... Ubuntu 19.10 is the Eoan Ermine...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That's very obscure. I'm pretty sure Mark reads our posts to know what not to choose.

Comment

are we becoming omgubuntu?
      hope this competition between Fedora and Ubuntu will be healthy for the Gnome DE!

Comment

Obscure is right. I'm a word trivia fiend but I'd never heard of it and neither Dictionary.com nor Etymonline.com know it. I had to fall back to Merriam-Webster, who had no etymology information aside from it originating from the same Latin for "dawn" as "eoraptor".

Comment

Is this even news?

For what it's worth, I managed to see it as 'Ero Ermine', and the first thing that came to mind was Ken Akamatsu's Mahou Sensei Negima! manga series.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
            Is this even news?

For what it's worth, I managed to see it as 'Ero Ermine', and the first thing that came to mind was Ken Akamatsu's Mahou Sensei Negima! manga series.
            It is news.

Aren't you the guy from the Goya thread who thought it was the char from Kantai Collection?

Comment

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
              are we becoming omgubuntu?
              hope this competition between Fedora and Ubuntu will be healthy for the Gnome DE!
              Since both Canonical and Red Hat reportedly see increased interest in the Linux desktop, it can only mean good news for Gnome. Hopefully in a year or so we will FINALLY have a desktop that's rock solid, fast and feature complete.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
                The gnome3 desktop is poorly designed and implemented so it will never be any better. The Xfce desktop is well designed and implemented and that is why it needs only a few maintainers, is stable, light, easy to use and fast.
                Gnome 3 is perfect, nobody uses crappy XFCE it is full of bugs, unstable and written by amateurs. Looks like garbage too.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

The gnome3 desktop is poorly designed and implemented so it will never be any better. The Xfce desktop is well designed and implemented and that is why it needs only a few maintainers, is stable, light, easy to use and fast.
                  Okay, whatever you say debianlxde

Comment

Originally posted by arokh View Post

Gnome 3 is perfect, nobody uses crappy XFCE it is full of bugs, unstable and written by amateurs. Looks like garbage too.
                    Even Mate looks better than XFCE

Comment

Working...
                    X