Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oracle Linux 8 Beta Released - Based On RHEL 8

Phoronix: Oracle Linux 8 Beta Released - Based On RHEL 8

While next week we may see the release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.0 (RHEL8) or at least learn a release date during Red Hat Summit 2019 Boston, the Oracle folks today released their first public beta of Oracle Linux 8...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Oracle, the company so evil, that it killed the Sun. Is Oracle linux actually used in enterprise? I thought it was a RedHat/OpenSuse exclusive field. I'd like to see actual deployment numbers. I expect a few company that are so terrorized/lobotomized and have become basically Oracle subsidiaries, which is a natural progression from using Oracle products.

Oracle. 137 000 employees. 136 999 salesmen, 1 programmer.

Comment

Oracle must hate using an Old EOL libdb in there RHEL Clone. when Oracle has there updated libdb but cant use it in there Linux

Comment

Originally posted by AndyChow View Post
        Oracle, the company so evil, that it killed the Sun. Is Oracle linux actually used in enterprise? I thought it was a RedHat/OpenSuse exclusive field. I'd like to see actual deployment numbers. I expect a few company that are so terrorized/lobotomized and have become basically Oracle subsidiaries, which is a natural progression from using Oracle products.

Oracle. 137 000 employees. 136 999 salesmen, 1 programmer.
        That's not really true. Undoubtedly Oracle are technically competent, some (not all) of their software really is very high quality. And there can be no question that Oracle salesmen are exceedingly good at their job too. The problem is that their legal and licensing departments are so (in)famous for the shenanigans they constantly pull that no-one with a sane mind should touch anything Oracle with a ten foot pole, no matter the merits (or lack thereof) of the particular product.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
          Oracle must hate using an Old EOL libdb in there RHEL Clone. when Oracle has there updated libdb but cant use it in there Linux
          English is the simplest language. Their, there, they're. Learn it, master it. The power is yours. And yes, English is my third learned tongue.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyChow View Post

English is the simplest language. Their, there, they're. Learn it, master it. The power is yours. And yes, English is my third learned tongue.
            is that the best you got? the engrish that comes out of my ass sounds better but oh well. let me know if you wanna listen to it coz it makes good sounds yanno, might teach you a thing or 2, something you didnt learn at skool

Comment

What business would trust Oracle to support their Linux estate? If you're going to get a cheap RedHat clone at least use the free (and blessed by Redhat) Centos

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post

is that the best you got? the engrish that comes out of my ass sounds better but oh well. let me know if you wanna listen to it coz it makes good sounds yanno, might teach you a thing or 2, something you didnt learn at skool
                If AndyChow is Asian, that's extremely racist.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
                  What business would trust Oracle to support their Linux estate? If you're going to get a cheap RedHat clone at least use the free (and blessed by Redhat) Centos
                  I can't understand why ppl use rpm distro too

Comment

If you want to use BTRFS you probably want to use Oracle 8, I really hope they will support it in their kernel.
                    Redhat Enterprise 8 will not support BTRFS, even read it, shame. We will probably go to Oracle just because that.

Comment

Working...
                    X