Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedora 30 Is Currently Blocked By A Few Remaining Bugs As It Approaches The Finish Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 30 Is Currently Blocked By A Few Remaining Bugs As It Approaches The Finish Line

Phoronix: Fedora 30 Is Currently Blocked By A Few Remaining Bugs As It Approaches The Finish Line

Today was a Go/No-Go meeting for the final release of Fedora 30 but the Linux distribution in its current state isn't ready to be released. Fortunately, a week delay hasn't been set in stone yet but will be convening tomorrow to see if the latest release candidate is ready in the next 24 hours to be promoted as final...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

>upgrade Fedora 30 with dnf -y update
    >reboot
    >system doesn't boot
    >wtf
    >investigate and pull hair
    >hours later...
    turns out dracut stopped including the raid1 module in the initramfs by default, and I've got my lvm on RAID1. So you may want to have add_drivers+="raid1 raid456" in a file called /etc/dracut.conf.d/88-raidmodules-ensuring-it-boots.conf if you too are (ab)using a setup like that.

This isn't a blocker because .. people don't make a RAID1 for their system when they install, I guess? idk.

Comment

I just played with F30(Mate-Compiz spin) on a spare partition, and it altered my BIOS system time (which I did not give it permission to do, and was already set to UTC), and I couldn't get the Nvidia driver loaded from RPMFusion following the directions. Forget it. I don't see how people use that crap as their main distro. Debian sid it is for the sake of my sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
        I just played with F30(Mate-Compiz spin) on a spare partition, and it altered my BIOS system time (which I did not give it permission to do, and was already set to UTC), and I couldn't get the Nvidia driver loaded from RPMFusion following the directions. Forget it. I don't see how people use that crap as their main distro. Debian sid it is for the sake of my sanity.
        Normal people are not on betas.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfpackN64 View Post

and won't choose nvidia card from the beginning because of nvidia driver will never be in the kernel source tree.
          using non-mainlined driver == asking for trouble.

Comment

I was hasty in calling Fedora crap (lingering frustration), but I didn't care for the overall experience. I get that feeling every time I try Fedora. To each, his/her own though.

Originally posted by WolfpackN64 View Post
            I have a feeling the clock-modifying behavior has nothing to do with the version.

Originally posted by zxy_thf
            and won't choose nvidia card from the beginning because of nvidia driver will never be in the kernel source tree.
            using non-mainlined driver == asking for trouble.
            LOL

Comment

I usually get the beta a week before the planned release date to test in preparation for a wider deployment on my network. This release surely has to be weeks away before being final. WiFi is broken & the gnome DE is completely broken for me. Fortunately I tried out the updated Pantheon Desktop which works very well.

Comment

Working...
              X