• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eoan Egret

Comment

Eoan Eyra

Comment

what's the convenience of not switching to Wayland-by-default?
        Isn't performance and security far superior?
        Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
          Your question just made me change the login to Wayland to try it out in 19.04. An immediately visible downside is that text and graphics is suddenly very fuzzy on my HiDPI screen with 200% scaling in both Firefox and Chromium. So: No, Wayland is still not ready...
          Last edited by Veto; 19 April 2019, 01:06 AM.

Comment

I'd love it if they could just give up on this stupidity and call them by their numerical designater - 1804, 1810, 1904. Whenever I have to install some older version I have to consult Google to find what stupid name did that go by.

Comment

I'm guessing Eoan Echidna. It's the only name that doesn't sound weird... wait, who am I kidding.
              I'll just call it 19-10 this time.

Comment

Cheers
                Stability. GNOME on X.Org is still more stable than GNOME Wayland.

See below. I tried to be concise.
                Last edited by tildearrow; 20 April 2019, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Cheers
                  Considering benchmarks posted here, performance is behind Xorg, and it will cause plenty of issues for users, especially when using X11 applications, as well as problems with some drivers.

Comment

Am I the only person who dislikes these silly names? They add nothing of value, and numbers by themselves mean more. On top of that, the fact that both words start with the same letter makes them sound like something taken straight from a children's book (maybe it implies the mental capacity of targeted user base).

Comment

Originally posted by DoMiNeLa10 View Post
                      Am I the only person who dislikes these silly names? They add nothing of value, and numbers by themselves mean more. On top of that, the fact that both words start with the same letter makes them sound like something taken straight from a children's book (maybe it implies the mental capacity of targeted user base).
                      You must be new here. Silly humor is what appeals to Linux users, or rather, GNU/Linux users.

Comment

Working...
                      X