X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venemo
    replied
    Originally posted by veeableful View Post

Oh noo, I just ordered Dell XPS 13 (9380) because my Macbook Air is too limited in CPU and RAM for development and has problem with Fedora 30's Wifi (29 was fine). I hope I can at least run Fedora 30 perfectly on it despite any installation hurdles
    Fedora works perfectly on my XPS 13 9370. Pretty sure it will also work on the 9380.

Leave a comment:

• frantisekz
    replied
    Originally posted by timex View Post
    Still unable to install F29 or 30 on my dell 9570 on the regular way, I need to use the net instalation process, I think the Basic Graphics Mode is still broken ...
    The problems with nomodeset/Basic Graphics Mode are now considered to be blockers and Fedora 30 won't be released before fixing them. Some fixes are already in place (nomodeset on Legacy BIOS), some of the issues are still being resolved.

Anyway, final Fedora 30 should work in Basic Graphics Mode just fine.

Leave a comment:

• finalzone
    replied
    Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
    what's the wallpaper like???
    See https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F30_Artwork

Leave a comment:

• cRaZy-bisCuiT
    replied
    Well, happy that this doesn't affect me any more since I was allowed to switch from Fedora to Arch at work.

Leave a comment:

• labyrinth153
    replied
    Wow. I remember testing out Fedora 8, and finally being convinced by Fedora 10 to switch. It's been a while.

Leave a comment:

• xiando
    replied
    Originally posted by Britoid View Post
    Never going to happen, RH just dropped support for KDE.
    That's something to keep in mind, Fedora/RHEL is a distribution where GNOME/Wayland's the only actually supported desktop. The "dropping support" for KDE announcement was a bit funny given that they never really supported it in the first place.

I do kind of get it, you're in for a lot of work if you're going to support XFCE4, LxQt, KDE, fluxbox and a bunch of other desktops.

Leave a comment:

• RahulSundaram
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

I forgot about that
    Note that Fedora KDE packages have been supported by the larger community of volunteers as well as some Red Hat developers for a long time. Spins are also official and in particular KDE is part of the QA blocker bugs process along with GNOME

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by Britoid View Post
    Never going to happen, RH just dropped support for KDE.
    I forgot about that

Leave a comment:

• horizonbrave
    replied
    what's the wallpaper like???

Leave a comment:

• veeableful
    replied
    Originally posted by timex View Post
    Still unable to install F29 or 30 on my dell 9570 on the regular way, I need to use the net instalation process, I think the Basic Graphics Mode is still broken ...
    Oh noo, I just ordered Dell XPS 13 (9380) because my Macbook Air is too limited in CPU and RAM for development and has problem with Fedora 30's Wifi (29 was fine). I hope I can at least run Fedora 30 perfectly on it despite any installation hurdles

Leave a comment:

Working...
X