Debian 10 "Buster" Has Around 150 Release Critical Bugs At The Moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    There should be a button to delete your own user profile in phoronix user settings. I am tired to discuss with low educated and bad behaving people here.
    You can ask Michael to delete your account for you.

Comment

Before you leave, I'm curious about your beloved custom Debian installer, I collect random ISOs. Mind throwing up a quick mega or Dropbox link?

Comment

I use Debian Stable (9.8) as my daily driver and can only say it's great (not perfect). Even though it doesn't come with the latest software, it is far from unusable. I can safely say I never ran into any serious issues. It is good as a desktop distro, not as much for development though, but lots can be done with it still.

From the bits I've seen, Debian 10 will have a good selection of software. Definitely worth upgrading.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Snapshots do break very fast and have years old buggy code. No code is rock solid and you need bug fixes fast.
          https://abcnews.go.com/US/american-a...ry?id=62383585
          I don't really follow your logic here. Bug fixes for security related issues are sent to stable long before they are sent to sid (if they ever are sent there) so you have a much higher risk of running insecure code if you run Debian Sid.

Sid will only get fixes faster in the rare events that upstream fixes such bugs without knowing it (or in secret) and does a new release, and have a very active Debian maintainer.

Comment

What the heck is wrong with you people, starting out a news thread with baiting debianxfce instead of discussing the article? Is this really where the good old "my distro is better than your distro" joke has taken us?

I'm not taking the side of any of you, but have some freaking decency.

Comment

If you want a rolling distro debianxfce, debian is not it. Try a real rolling distro.

Comment

Originally posted by hreindl View Post

you should better ask what is wrong with that guy talking an amazing amount of bullshit to every single topic, no matter what
                Well he also got a valid point in that we do not have to reply to debianxfce, sometimes it's better to just drop it even though it itches

Comment

Originally posted by brrrrttttt View Post
                  If you want a rolling distro debianxfce, debian is not it. Try a real rolling distro.
                  Nah maybe you missed it, but he don't actually want to roll, just to troll - classic troll business you know

Now everybody should pretend to behave decently so that he can countinue his trolling freely, he is troll and trolling is his entire purpose
                  Last edited by dungeon; 16 April 2019, 06:21 AM.

Comment

If you want a trolling distro, there’s devuan.

Comment

Originally posted by hreindl View Post

the problem with ignoring stupid bullshit is that others with no clue when they read it often enough believe it's true and start spread the same bullshit on blogs and other places and in a few years you have an army of idiots

just look at howtos to whatever technical topic pretending nonsense where it's obvious that they all copied from the same idiot and nobody ever tried it
                      Yeah it's a thin red line.

Comment

Working...
                      X