No announcement yet.

Debian 10 "Buster" Has Around 150 Release Critical Bugs At The Moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

..and they fixed one bug by suppressing Synaptic altogether. What a shame.

Comment

Yay, I can't wait to finally use the latest outdated packages!

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Felipe View Post
        Yay, I can't wait to finally use the latest outdated packages!
        Arch user spotted. Debian Stable is basically getting released every 2 years, which is not different from Ubuntu LTS's. Actually Debian Buster is going to be the most updated system for servers to be released in 2019 (RHEL 8 Beta seems to be not as updated and it looks like RHEL 8 will probably be released later this year).
        Last edited by GdeR; 15 April 2019, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GdeR View Post

Arch user spotted. Debian Stable is basically getting released every 2 years, which is not different from Ubuntu LTS's. Actually Debian Buster is going to be the most updated system for servers to be released in 2019 (RHEL 8 Beta seems to be not as updated and it looks like RHEL 8 will probably be released later this year).
          This Debian 10 update of Flatpak is going to allow easier application enablement until Debian 11 though. Debian 9 had so old Flatpak it was starting to be painful.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
            Do not care what is happening in the "stable" distribution. Use Debian testing/sid, if you want to have a stable system, support for more hardware and latest software features.
            Even Debian experts on the Debian forums will tell you to avoid using testing if you want a stable and secure system. They're pretty vocal about it, even for something like a personal home server. And I must say, they're right. For example, within the past 3 months, Debian testing updates resulted in breaking my CIFS mounts and DNS resolver, on separate occasions. I haven't touched that stuff in years and all of a sudden it breaks, and this is pretty typical of DT. The worst part is, since there's usually no errors or changes in config files, it becomes nearly impossible to diagnose, so, I have to use stupid hacky workarounds. The stable repo in my experience doesn't encounter this stuff. The main reason I don't use stable is because (at the time) I needed newer packages.

Comment

Of course stable believers tell to avoid bug fixes and new features. I am banned from Debian user forums because they could not handle that fact that Debian testing/sid solves many Debian "stable" problems. The back porting mechanism is slow, random and useless.
              You are banned from Phoronix forums long ago, just no one informed you yet

Comment

Here you admit this fact.
                I meant more for dependency purposes, not for security or stability reasons. Some programs I run need newer packages that stable doesn't come with, but otherwise I'd rather use stable since it doesn't keep meddling with my functionality on a server. I've given up using Debian for desktops/laptops since stable is way too old and testing brings me too much downtime.

Comment

Snapshots do break very fast and have years old buggy code. No code is rock solid and you need bug fixes fast.
                  https://abcnews.go.com/US/american-a...ry?id=62383585
                  So your best answer to that is to throw another random shit on the street, ha, ha

Comment

I had 3 days ban for no reason here. You and other user can insult other users how much you want without a ban.
                    Oh, i would like to be banned anytime because of smartass troll like you

There should be a button to delete your own user profile in phoronix user settings. I am tired to discuss with low educated and bad behaving people here.
                    You are tired not because of me, but because you have no brain to sustain normality

Well, i don't have any feeling for you, i am not against even if somebody would put you in a prison, because of constant misinformation you are spreading here for years
                    Last edited by dungeon; 15 April 2019, 10:12 AM.

Comment

More fatal rock solid server code bugs: https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...mation-hackers
                      Schizo Phrenia my love, is that you?

Comment

Working...
                      X