Debian 10 "Buster" Has Around 150 Release Critical Bugs At The Moment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Of course rolling release software is more stable than point release software with old and buggy code. Even microsoft has realized this.
    I'm gonna hate myself for feeding you, but how does that work in your head?Rock solid code gets pushed to testing and the moment it moves to stable it becomes buggy?

Comment

The article doesn't mention the availability of Buster RC1 images: http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/un...i_rc1+nonfree/ (Images including firmware)

Comment

People who insults other users are feeling bad and should do something about it. There is no windows 11 so all of those 4 release branches are rolling. Windows release scheme is not similar with Debian/Ubuntu where the version number changes.
        You are very stupid moron, such a brainless troll

But Debian covers that, say Debian 10 or Debian Buster or Debian Stable or whatever if you like or make derivative of Debian and put a names and versions of your liking

Put number 11 if you don't like 10 or use names if you don't like numbers or whatever, no one cares anyway if you are feeling insulted by questions
        Last edited by dungeon; 04-15-2019, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
          You are very stupid moron, such a brainless troll
          Yes I am when writing technical facts instead of insulting other users and get banned here and elsewhere.

Comment

Yes I am when writing technical facts instead of insulting other users and get banned here and elsewhere.
            Technical fact is 10 and Ten is the same, but for you that seems isn't the same You are brainless because you have hard time answering questions, instead you like to mark them as insults Majority of questions direct or indirect are insulting to you, so what is that?

If you can please prove this or that by answering bug77 question

I'm gonna hate myself for feeding you, but how does that work in your head?Rock solid code gets pushed to testing and the moment it moves to stable it becomes buggy?
            He can't answer that, instead he will choose very naturally like a rolling birds to shit on the street
            Last edited by dungeon; 04-15-2019, 07:06 AM.

Comment

..and they fixed one bug by suppressing Synaptic altogether. What a shame.

Comment

Yay, I can't wait to finally use the latest outdated packages!

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Felipe View Post
                  Yay, I can't wait to finally use the latest outdated packages!
                  Arch user spotted. Debian Stable is basically getting released every 2 years, which is not different from Ubuntu LTS's. Actually Debian Buster is going to be the most updated system for servers to be released in 2019 (RHEL 8 Beta seems to be not as updated and it looks like RHEL 8 will probably be released later this year).
                  Last edited by GdeR; 04-15-2019, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GdeR View Post

Arch user spotted. Debian Stable is basically getting released every 2 years, which is not different from Ubuntu LTS's. Actually Debian Buster is going to be the most updated system for servers to be released in 2019 (RHEL 8 Beta seems to be not as updated and it looks like RHEL 8 will probably be released later this year).
                    This Debian 10 update of Flatpak is going to allow easier application enablement until Debian 11 though. Debian 9 had so old Flatpak it was starting to be painful.

Comment

Do not care what is happening in the "stable" distribution. Use Debian testing/sid, if you want to have a stable system, support for more hardware and latest software features.
                      Even Debian experts on the Debian forums will tell you to avoid using testing if you want a stable and secure system. They're pretty vocal about it, even for something like a personal home server. And I must say, they're right. For example, within the past 3 months, Debian testing updates resulted in breaking my CIFS mounts and DNS resolver, on separate occasions. I haven't touched that stuff in years and all of a sudden it breaks, and this is pretty typical of DT. The worst part is, since there's usually no errors or changes in config files, it becomes nearly impossible to diagnose, so, I have to use stupid hacky workarounds. The stable repo in my experience doesn't encounter this stuff. The main reason I don't use stable is because (at the time) I needed newer packages.

Comment

Working...
                      X