Debian 10 "Buster" Has Around 150 Release Critical Bugs At The Moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian 10 "Buster" Has Around 150 Release Critical Bugs At The Moment

Phoronix: Debian 10 "Buster" Has Around 150 Release Critical Bugs At The Moment

Debian developer Jonathan Wiltshire who is part of the project's release team issued a Buster freeze status update on Sunday concerning the readiness of Debian 10...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

In before debianxfce declares his Debian with all of that stuff is more stable.

Number concerning the current stable release: 150
    Number concerning the next release: 0

Comment

God damn, Debian is a buster (I'll show myself out... like, right now)

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
        Of course rolling release software is more stable than point release software with old and buggy code. Even microsoft has realized this.
        He, he, and this is your whole purpose joining these forums Microsoft Windows isn't just plain brainless (t)roller, nope.

WIndows 10 have 4 release branches that is Windows Insider, Semi-Annual Channel (Targeted), Semi-Annual Channel and Long-Term Servicing Channel (LTSC)...

Years ago i told you that with Windows 10 Microsoft kind of just adopted Debian/Ubuntu release scheme, are you really still so stupid to not see that?

If anything MIcrosoft realized is that this model is fine and Windows 10 is proof of that, capisco
        Last edited by dungeon; 15 April 2019, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Of course rolling release software is more stable than point release software with old and buggy code. Even microsoft has realized this.
          In case you are actually using Debian, do you realize that testing is frozen for some time now, and that will continue for a few months? This happens around once in 2 years, almost as it is something special... nothing is rolling currently and some versions, like say Gnome 3.32 might never hit testing.

Comment

Debian testing is a rolling release OS most of the time. The freeze period last a couple months.
            17+7=24 But OK, full freeze is not 7 but about 3-4 months, or kind of one quarter

So if you wanna guess you can say how Debian 10 will be released in about 2-3 months but as always more is the better for stability
            Last edited by dungeon; 15 April 2019, 03:46 AM.

Comment

I'm gonna hate myself for feeding you, but how does that work in your head?Rock solid code gets pushed to testing and the moment it moves to stable it becomes buggy?

Comment

The article doesn't mention the availability of Buster RC1 images: http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/un...i_rc1+nonfree/ (Images including firmware)

Comment

People who insults other users are feeling bad and should do something about it. There is no windows 11 so all of those 4 release branches are rolling. Windows release scheme is not similar with Debian/Ubuntu where the version number changes.
                  You are very stupid moron, such a brainless troll

But Debian covers that, say Debian 10 or Debian Buster or Debian Stable or whatever if you like or make derivative of Debian and put a names and versions of your liking

Put number 11 if you don't like 10 or use names if you don't like numbers or whatever, no one cares anyway if you are feeling insulted by questions
                  Last edited by dungeon; 15 April 2019, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Yes I am when writing technical facts instead of insulting other users and get banned here and elsewhere.
                    Technical fact is 10 and Ten is the same, but for you that seems isn't the same You are brainless because you have hard time answering questions, instead you like to mark them as insults Majority of questions direct or indirect are insulting to you, so what is that?

If you can please prove this or that by answering bug77 question

I'm gonna hate myself for feeding you, but how does that work in your head?Rock solid code gets pushed to testing and the moment it moves to stable it becomes buggy?
                    He can't answer that, instead he will choose very naturally like a rolling birds to shit on the street
                    Last edited by dungeon; 15 April 2019, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X