Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Raspbian Brings Performance Improvements, Updated Packages To Raspberry Pi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Raspbian Brings Performance Improvements, Updated Packages To Raspberry Pi

    Phoronix: New Raspbian Brings Performance Improvements, Updated Packages To Raspberry Pi

    The Raspberry Pi Foundation has released a new version of Raspbian, its Debian-based operating system for Raspberry Pi devices...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ian-2019-04-08

  • #2
    I checked the raspberry pi & raspbian websites, and there is no announenents on this update. Seens that they really consider it that noteworthy.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
      I checked the raspberry pi & raspbian websites, and there is no announenents on this update. Seens that they really consider it that noteworthy.
      Sometimes it takes them a few days to announce it.
      Michael Larabel
      http://www.michaellarabel.com/

      Comment


      • #4
        Michael

        Oh... now you mention it, I wonder if they wait to announce to let mirrors update before they make a general announcement and a large number of people swamp the servers.

        Comment


        • #5
          Good stuff.
          Got my son a RetroPie kit for his birthday and we are going to build it together. He is very interested in Pi Projects. Told him we can build a robot to clean his room.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Dr. Righteous View Post
            Good stuff.
            Got my son a RetroPie kit for his birthday and we are going to build it together. He is very interested in Pi Projects. Told him we can build a robot to clean his room.
            Make sure you program in work hours when it cleans the room.

            https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...vacuum-n992996

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by edwaleni View Post

              Make sure you program in work hours when it cleans the room.

              https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...vacuum-n992996
              LOL!
              Been a few times I will hear some strange noises and think someone is banging and knocking thing over upstairs. Then I will realize it is just our robot vacuum we call "Harvey Wallbanger"

              Comment


              • #8
                It would be nice to benchmark the new optimisations
                Last edited by tuxd3v; 04-10-2019, 04:48 PM. Reason: typos

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
                  Michael

                  Oh... now you mention it, I wonder if they wait to announce to let mirrors update before they make a general announcement and a large number of people swamp the servers.
                  It's also a good idea in case some serious issues are found. They can still pull the release before it spreads too widely.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    They haven't released a new Raspbian, they have updated the RPi kernel, bootloader and library, that's all.

                    I did a dist-upgrade on my Pi yesterday and just these three packages were updated.

                    Raspbian is just Debian Stretch rebuilt with a different baseline and a few packages on top. They can't really make new releases unless Debian makes a new release.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X