No announcement yet.

New Raspbian Brings Performance Improvements, Updated Packages To Raspberry Pi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Raspbian Brings Performance Improvements, Updated Packages To Raspberry Pi

Phoronix: New Raspbian Brings Performance Improvements, Updated Packages To Raspberry Pi

The Raspberry Pi Foundation has released a new version of Raspbian, its Debian-based operating system for Raspberry Pi devices...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I checked the raspberry pi & raspbian websites, and there is no announenents on this update. Seens that they really consider it that noteworthy.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
      I checked the raspberry pi & raspbian websites, and there is no announenents on this update. Seens that they really consider it that noteworthy.
      Sometimes it takes them a few days to announce it.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Michael

Oh... now you mention it, I wonder if they wait to announce to let mirrors update before they make a general announcement and a large number of people swamp the servers.

Comment

Good stuff.
          Got my son a RetroPie kit for his birthday and we are going to build it together. He is very interested in Pi Projects. Told him we can build a robot to clean his room.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Righteous View Post
            Good stuff.
            Got my son a RetroPie kit for his birthday and we are going to build it together. He is very interested in Pi Projects. Told him we can build a robot to clean his room.
            Make sure you program in work hours when it cleans the room.

"Multiple deputies" arrived quickly, requested K-9 backup and brandished their weapons to find a vacuum cleaner in a woman's bathroom.

Comment

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post

Make sure you program in work hours when it cleans the room.

"Multiple deputies" arrived quickly, requested K-9 backup and brandished their weapons to find a vacuum cleaner in a woman's bathroom.
              LOL!
              Been a few times I will hear some strange noises and think someone is banging and knocking thing over upstairs. Then I will realize it is just our robot vacuum we call "Harvey Wallbanger"

Comment

It would be nice to benchmark the new optimisations
                Last edited by tuxd3v; 10 April 2019, 04:48 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
                  Michael

Oh... now you mention it, I wonder if they wait to announce to let mirrors update before they make a general announcement and a large number of people swamp the servers.
                  It's also a good idea in case some serious issues are found. They can still pull the release before it spreads too widely.

Comment

They release a new image periodically. That’s what this is about. According to their download page:
                    Version: April 2019
                    Release date: 2019-04-08

Comment

Working...
                    X