Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedora 30 Beta Released With GNOME 3.32, Many New Features

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fedora 30 Beta Released With GNOME 3.32, Many New Features

    Phoronix: Fedora 30 Beta Released With GNOME 3.32, Many New Features

    The public beta of Fedora 30 is now available for testing as the latest installment to this Red Hat developed Linux distribution now riding with the very latest packages like the GNOME 3.32 desktop...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-Beta-Released

  • #2
    If I install the beta, will it automatically prompt me to update to the official release repos/version when it is released?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by OpenSourceAnarchist View Post
      If I install the beta, will it automatically prompt me to update to the official release repos/version when it is released?
      Due to how Fedora branches its repos when Fedora stable is out you'll just need to run dnf update to be on it.

      Comment


      • #4
        I have been running Fedora 30 for a while now. It took me a while to find image. For some reason I had to boot with "rw" instead of "ro" kernel parameter. Othervise I had no bugs.

        Comment


        • #5
          I hope that Fedora 30 fixed the compilation issues that I have with darling and looking glass.

          Comment


          • #6
            I run the Silverblue variant it since a week. I haven't really recognized thaaaat big performance boost of GNOME which people are talking about, but it runs almost without issues - with the exception of Plymouth having even more bugs than before. So in addition to having the wrong keyboard-layout when entering my disk password, the second attempt always failing (?) and the reset of the disk password form content every now and then, I now sometimes boot into emergency mode and have to restart a few times until it - for whatever reason - boots successfully.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Zyklon View Post
              I run the Silverblue variant it since a week. I haven't really recognized thaaaat big performance boost of GNOME which people are talking about, but it runs almost without issues - with the exception of Plymouth having even more bugs than before. So in addition to having the wrong keyboard-layout when entering my disk password, the second attempt always failing (?) and the reset of the disk password form content every now and then, I now sometimes boot into emergency mode and have to restart a few times until it - for whatever reason - boots successfully.
              I believe the keyboard stuff is a Silverblue issue: https://discussion.fedoraproject.org.../1204?u=refi64

              The other stuff sounds pretty concerning, have you tried opening bug reports?

              Also next time you end up in emergency mode, try `systemctl --failed` and `journalctl -xe` to see if anything has visibly failed.

              Comment


              • #8
                Does it come with Sway 1.0?
                *edit*
                "Fedora 30 0.15.2-3.fc30"
                bummer. 1.0 is in rawhide though...
                Last edited by Mathias; 03 April 2019, 03:10 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  what's the new wallpaper like?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by re:fi.64 View Post
                    I believe the keyboard stuff is a Silverblue issue: https://discussion.fedoraproject.org.../1204?u=refi64

                    The other stuff sounds pretty concerning, have you tried opening bug reports?

                    Also next time you end up in emergency mode, try `systemctl --failed` and `journalctl -xe` to see if anything has visibly failed.


                    I opened appropriate bug reports quite some time ago, but nobody seems to care : #1582345, #1629350, #1629351, #1665772 & #1693900
                    Just Christian Stadelmann helped me (he uses the same German special keyboard layout as I do) and proposed some solutions. However, after adding the correct/missing kernel command-line parameter and re-creating the initramdisk, I blew my Grub configuration up and had to fix my backup manually for getting my system to work again (some IDs changed). So I’d rather not try again, I don’t want to risk my system. But ok, really seems to be a Silverblue issue.

                    I will try your commands, but I already tried to gather some data, but after saving the output to a file, I couldn’t find that file back in normal mode. Do you have an idea why this is and how to correctly save files there?
                    Last edited by Zyklon; 03 April 2019, 11:24 AM.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X