Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ubuntu 19.04 Beta Now Available For Testing With Linux 5.0 + GNOME Shell 3.32 Experience

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dkasak
    replied
    Originally posted by jacob View Post
    It looks good except that on my laptop it simply can't resume after suspend (black screen, mouse cursor frozen). NB: the graphics driver is i915.
    That's par-for-the-course with Intel GPUs unfortunately. Sometimes I can get mine to resume from suspend, but not often enough to trust it. Hibernation is even worse.

Leave a comment:

• jacob
    replied
    It looks good except that on my laptop it simply can't resume after suspend (black screen, mouse cursor frozen). NB: the graphics driver is i915.

Leave a comment:

• cynical
    replied
    The improvements to Gnome are very noticeable. Especially the updated file manager (contents are rendered very quickly) and the overview. (the transition to app icons is smooth now)

Congratulations Gnome devs! I have to say I am not a huge fan of the new theme though. It’s just very beige and boring. I actually thought the previous look, while still beige, was better.

I’m sure other people enjoy it. It’s also probably a good default for the office worker types who find lively colors distracting. I’m so glad I can get Ubuntu with the Yaru theme instead. Please don’t take away themes!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X