Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedora 30 Beta Won't Be Released Next Week Due To Their Arm Images Lacking A Browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 30 Beta Won't Be Released Next Week Due To Their Arm Images Lacking A Browser

Phoronix: Fedora 30 Beta Won't Be Released Next Week Due To Their Arm Images Lacking A Browser

The Fedora 30 Beta was anticipated for release next Tuesday after having been under a beta freeze since 5 March, but that's not going to happen and now they are hoping to ship in early April...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Why don't they fix the build issues instead since they have more time? (unless the issues are huge...) Firefox is better than Epiphany.

Comment

Originally posted by michal
      arm should be as a secondary architecture. everything except x86 should be secondary and should not affect release dates.
      x86_64 should be primary.

Comment

I love running a rolling-release distro and not having to deal with any of this crap

As soon as a package builds properly it's released - no blocking required.

Comment

afaik , isnt GCC9 the cause of Firefox not building? if so, my guess other things GCC9 builds on will Fail also , Fedora really stuffed up by allowing GCC9 in F30
          Last edited by Anvil; 22 March 2019, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by michal
            arm should be as a secondary architecture. everything except x86 should be secondary and should not affect release dates.
            Vastly more people use Linux on arm than on x86(-64). Ok, probably not Fedora, but still.

Comment

my thought is given all the interest that there is around arm small boards how is it possible that we still haven't fixed this bug after years???

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post
                Vastly more people use Linux on arm than on x86(-64). Ok, probably not Fedora, but still.
                Nobody cares about mobile peasants.

Comment

What I would like to know is when will they fix that huge "bug" known as their installer (Anaconda)?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow

Chromebooks
                    About 98% of the current (as in: 2015-now) Chromebooks are x86_x64, not ARM. So the majority of users are using x86_x64 Chromebooks. I think the reason for the ARM variant is stuff like the Raspberry Pi.

Comment

Working...
                    X