Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedora 30 Beta Won't Be Released Next Week Due To Their Arm Images Lacking A Browser

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 30 Beta Won't Be Released Next Week Due To Their Arm Images Lacking A Browser

Phoronix: Fedora 30 Beta Won't Be Released Next Week Due To Their Arm Images Lacking A Browser

The Fedora 30 Beta was anticipated for release next Tuesday after having been under a beta freeze since 5 March, but that's not going to happen and now they are hoping to ship in early April...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...0-Beta-Delayed

Why don't they fix the build issues instead since they have more time? (unless the issues are huge...) Firefox is better than Epiphany.

Comment

arm should be as a secondary architecture. everything except x86 should be secondary and should not affect release dates.

Comment

Originally posted by michal View Post
        arm should be as a secondary architecture. everything except x86 should be secondary and should not affect release dates.
        x86_64 should be primary.

Comment

I love running a rolling-release distro and not having to deal with any of this crap

As soon as a package builds properly it's released - no blocking required.

Comment

afaik , isnt GCC9 the cause of Firefox not building? if so, my guess other things GCC9 builds on will Fail also , Fedora really stuffed up by allowing GCC9 in F30
            Last edited by Anvil; 03-22-2019, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by michal View Post
              Vastly more people use Linux on arm than on x86(-64). Ok, probably not Fedora, but still.

Comment

my thought is given all the interest that there is around arm small boards how is it possible that we still haven't fixed this bug after years???

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post
                  Vastly more people use Linux on arm than on x86(-64). Ok, probably not Fedora, but still.
                  Nobody cares about mobile peasants.

Comment

What I would like to know is when will they fix that huge "bug" known as their installer (Anaconda)?

Comment

Working...
                    X