Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ubuntu Desktop To Auto-Install Necessary VM Tools/Drivers When Running On VMware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu Desktop To Auto-Install Necessary VM Tools/Drivers When Running On VMware

Phoronix: Ubuntu Desktop To Auto-Install Necessary VM Tools/Drivers When Running On VMware

In seeking to improve the out-of-the-box experience when running the Ubuntu desktop as a guest virtual machine within VMware's products, Ubuntu is planning on having the open-vm-tools-desktop package be automatically installed for providing a better initial experience...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

More proof as to why Ubuntu continues to be THE premiere Linux Distro. For my main system, I have not found any distro that gives a better, smoother experience; I have a couple of old laptops that I use as guinea pigs to test the latest iterations from various distros but I have yet to find any that matches, much less beats, Ubuntu.

Comment

Originally posted by Spooktra View Post
      More proof as to why Ubuntu continues to be THE premiere Linux Distro. For my main system, I have not found any distro that gives a better, smoother experience; I have a couple of old laptops that I use as guinea pigs to test the latest iterations from various distros but I have yet to find any that matches, much less beats, Ubuntu.
      Nice try.
      One reason why you are wrong: https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?s...searchon=names

Comment

Pretty sure Debian already does this, just like RHEL already installs the vdagent stuff for Spice when ran under KVM.

Comment

Working...
        X