Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA's Binary Driver Now Works With Fedora Silverblue

Phoronix: NVIDIA's Binary Driver Now Works With Fedora Silverblue

Fedora Silverblue (formerly known as Fedora Atomic Workstation) now has support for running with NVIDIA's binary graphics driver stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

is there some sort of partnership between redhat and nvidia? many people on redhat payroll work for nvidia blob

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
      is there some sort of partnership between redhat and nvidia? many people on redhat payroll work for nvidia blob
      i think you'll find Redhat/IBM would have some kinda joint venture with Nvidia so they can do backward engineering or something like that with the opensource driver , but its good to see this improving

Comment

Meanwhile, I can't even get the regular driver to work with kernel 5.0.

Comment

NVIDIA GPU support is a thing for professional workstations, it seems.

Comment

NVIDIA's Binary Driver Now Works With Fedora Silverblue

What I see: Fedora Silverblue has NVIDIA's blessing

Comment

containers + deep learning is a big market for redhat right now. you absolutely need nvidia blob for this.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
                NVIDIA's Binary Driver Now Works With Fedora Silverblue

What I see: Fedora Silverblue has NVIDIA's blessing
                The actual reality: developers ported akmods and kmodtools (the infrastructure they use to build and install out-of-tree kernel modules on Fedora and rebuild them on kernel updates) to Fedora Silverblue, as the default state of Fedora silverblue (immutable system image) is much different from the default state of normal Fedora.
                Meanwhile NVIDIA is not involved in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                  The actual reality: developers ported akmods and kmodtools (the infrastructure they use to build and install out-of-tree kernel modules on Fedora and rebuild them on kernel updates) to Fedora Silverblue, as the default state of Fedora silverblue (immutable system image) is much different from the default state of normal Fedora.
                  Meanwhile NVIDIA is not involved in any way.
                  Exactly. Before commenting, I read the article and came to the same conclusion but still wanted to share my initial reaction to just reading the title.

Comment

Ho my, this is just great waited on it for quite a while.

Comment

Working...
                    X