OpenSUSE Leap 15.1 Reaches Beta Milestone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dremon_nl View Post
    File indexer is quite fast and actually useful if you turn off content indexing in the settings.
    This. It's also not the first time that the stupid thing segfaults unless you turn off content indexing.

Comment

Does OpenSUSE support a combined live and install DVD yet, it seemed to lacking this and is a much desired feature for people who want to try before they install and the scenario where you want to give someone a DVD where they can use the same DVD to try and then install it later if they want.

Comment

Originally posted by jpg44 View Post
        Does OpenSUSE support a combined live and install DVD yet, it seemed to lacking this and is a much desired feature for people who want to try before they install and the scenario where you want to give someone a DVD where they can use the same DVD to try and then install it later if they want.
        You mean their liveCD does not allow you to install it? https://software.opensuse.org/distributions/leap
        I find it a bit strange.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post

Not anything KDE is doing wrong, it's just built that way. Much bigger set of packages. Mate is light and nimble. And I've moved from Firefox to Brave browser recently for the noticeably increased speed. It will install on openSUSE by downloading the rpm and using rpm -i.
          Wait, wut? Brave is an Electron app, no way that it runs smoother than Firefox.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Try it. It's Chrome with all the Google bits stripped out. VERY fast and plenty smooth.

Comment

Not Electron either - it was something similar to Electron only faster, called "Muon". But on Dec. 7, 2018, they announced that they've dumped Muon and are going with a straight Chromium base now.

Comment

Try it. It's Chrome with all the Google bits stripped out. VERY fast and plenty smooth.
                I tried it last year or so, but I found it to be buggy and the interface was jittery and looked out of place, even more so than Chrome. I'll stick to Vivaldi and Falkon, thanks.

Comment

Not Electron either - it was something similar to Electron only faster, called "Muon". But on Dec. 7, 2018, they announced that they've dumped Muon and are going with a straight Chromium base now.
                  Interesting. But still, it isn't going to replace Vivaldi for me, personally (and Falkon as a backup browser).

Comment

Interesting. But still, it isn't going to replace Vivaldi for me, personally (and Falkon as a backup browser).
                    I'm a fan of both of those, especially Falkon. I never tried Brave until they already switched to a Chromium base. Sounds like it wasn't terribly good earlier last year.

Comment

I'm a fan of both of those, especially Falkon.
                      Yeah, I used Falkon as my default browser for some periods of time back when it was still QupZilla, but Vivaldi eventually won because it has a few nifty features (and if M3 (Mail) lands later this year, it will be king lol) that Falkon doesn't have. But it's a great browser nonetheless, so I still happily use it as my backup browser a couple of times a week

Comment

Working...
                      X