• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still have a lot of jfs2 in Aix..
    In Linux None,
    But I like the best part of jfs2..

Comment

From my point of view, a mentally healthy person simply does not use those file systems. The problem in Gnu / Linux is that if you support something then you have to do it for life, nobody cares that the project has been abandoned and nobody cares that there are any security problems. The Linux user is paranoid and conservative in nature.

Comment

Originally posted by uxmkt View Post
        psychical
        Well, that typo of mine was funny.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
          what about checking root password?
          Waste of time, people can use whatever exploits they want or chroot into the installation and change the password themselves. I always disable the password check for sudo, because it saves me a lot of pointless typing at no security benefit.

Comment

Too bad about JFS. It's about perfect for holding Calibre e-book libraries. Tens of thousands of small or very small files.
            Can't understand why UFS would bother Suse devs. It's AFAIK read-only file system on Linux anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post
              From my point of view, a mentally healthy person simply does not use those file systems. The problem in Gnu / Linux is that if you support something then you have to do it for life, nobody cares that the project has been abandoned and nobody cares that there are any security problems. The Linux user is paranoid and conservative in nature.
              Ehm, what? Wide majority are chasing after newest and shiniest versions and happily using 3rd party unofficial repositories blindly trusting these, though any of which could contain whatever malware.. Average Linux home user is exact opposite of paranoid and conservative IMHO.

Comment

Working...
              X