Fedora 30 To Finish Polishing Off Their Flicker-Free Boot Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    The MBR dd disk clone method does not work with an UEFI disk. You end up a non bootable system if the new disk is connected.
    And you really know everything about software. Thank you. Now I know that dd is an utility that knows something about disk partitions. Please send a patch that fixes dd man page with your statement.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Fedora still uses X.Org Server?
      They don't default to Wayland yet?
      Yes, it does. Wayland is indeed only used by default in GDM, Gnome and Sway, as far as I know. Anything else defaults to X.org.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Yeah, I was so stupid that I believed what is written here and wasted an hour of my life when trying to copy my uefi disk to a new.
        https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...ne-a-gpt-drive
        Good you noticed that you should't believe what you write. Next time dd the whole disk instead of using another tool to do the groundwork. Seriously: The tool isn't broken just because you're to stupid to use it...

Comment

You can change the UEFI "background" in most firmwares pretty easily with their respective editing tools or by finding where in the image the files are stored and patching them with your supplied images.

7z does a good job extracting most UEFI firmware to get you the original images.

Comment

Working...
          X