No announcement yet.

Debian CoC Applies To Planet Debian Blog Posts & Other Updated Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no motivation to quell this echo chamber.
    So open communities are not able to make their own rules how open of you
    I guess Debian will be failing anytime soon from the sound of things, I mean no way it survives year 5 of this COC.

Comment

Originally posted by Machine View Post
      I have no motivation to quell this echo chamber.
      So open communities are not able to make their own rules how open of you
      I guess Debian will be failing anytime soon from the sound of things, I mean no way it survives year 5 of this COC.
      There is no echo chamber, at least on my part. What relevant voices have been actively discredited? You are simply not using logic and have resorted to sarcasm. Are we not in agreement that logic is a necessary foundation for intelligent discussion?

No one has said a community is not allowed to make its own rules. However, that does not automatically make it immune to criticism. What you are attempting to quell, conscious motivation or not, is criticism.

Comment

I have already stated my logic, I would take responsibility for my freedoms and not join an organization that had rules, laws, guidelines, etc. that I didn't agree with. Taken another way if you started an Linux organization that was antiPC, shit even racist, sexist, antigay, etc. or whatever I would be ok with it, as you would be exercising your freedom, freedom that you would like to take away from another organization that has stated what it wants it organization to be. Logic.

Comment

Originally posted by gabber View Post
          It's a powergrab and grows like cancer. These vague rules will be used to kick out people. It was already used to kick out a package because of the name 'weboob'.
          Remember this? "Mozilla co-founder CEO Brendan Eich, who came under fire this week for donating to a campaign to ban gay marriage in California, has resigned."
          This is political and will not improve debian at all. Or did I miss people leaving because they got attacked?

Why don't they just fork Debian and make a 'hugbox-edition' ? Or better yet: Maybe it's time for some counter-culture and create a distro explicit void of any PC-BS.
          Suggestions for a name?
          For weboob, i think it is more about the command line interface calling you names. Not that it changes anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfoxmoon View Post
            Carl is still not a right winger, he's a centrist. Big difference.
            If we're going to be pedantic about it, he's center-right and he's admitted as much himself.

Comment

I would like to see an honest discussion about obsoleting anything debian.

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post

If we're going to be pedantic about it, he's center-right and he's admitted as much himself.
                Does it really matter what he is?
                I'm still waiting for my Boneless Wings.

Waiter! Waiter!

#SargonOfApplebees

Comment

Redfoxmoon L_A_G unixfan2001

Screams: "KEEP POLITICS OUT OF LINUX!"

Then: Starts talking politics.

I hope you all see the irony and hypocrisy in all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by unixfan2001 View Post
                    Does it really matter what he is?
                    It shouldn't, but the use of these speech codes unfortunately tend to be very political.

Originally posted by Brisse View Post

When you're talking about speech codes used as a political weapon there's really no way to talk about it without it getting at least somewhat political. Saying that talk about how speech codes shouldn't be political being political, as it inevitably will be, is ironic and hypocritical is like saying that talk about how ship navigators should avoid running aground is ironic and hypocritical because you inevitably end up talking about ships running aground and the navigational errors that lead to them.

In other words, you're just being plain nonsensical...

Comment

Originally posted by Brisse View Post
                      Redfoxmoon L_A_G unixfan2001

I'm sorry. I thought we were talking about Sargon of Akkad. I didn't realize there was a Carl Benjamin who was actually interested in politics, rather than in the establishment of a cult of personality.

L_A_G
                      Honestly. I just want Carl to finally bring me my shrimp cocktail. The service at this place sucks!

Comment

Working...
                      X