Freespire 4.5 Released For Letting The Linspire/Lindows Legacy Live On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
    I see we have a comedian in this thread.
    I'm sorry that someone doesn't like a desktop that leads, not follows proprietary closed alternatives, and provides innovation instead of the same microsoft interface from 1995.

Comment

Originally posted by GI_Jack View Post
      I'm sorry that someone doesn't like a desktop that leads, not follows proprietary closed alternatives, and provides innovation instead of the same microsoft interface from 1995.
      That's because the interface from 1995 is still far better. It's not innovation when you devolve the user experience. Just like the mouse is far more efficient than touchscreens (with high sensitivity you put much less effort with the mouse) and hipster kids can suck it.

You remind me of people whining about lack of updates for something that's good already, and then a dev posts a new version with this changelog:
      • Updated version and build date to Feb 01 2019 to satisfy whining people, everything else is identical.
      And those dummies actually do think now it's "updated, fresh, innovative". What a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
        That's because the interface from 1995 is still far better. It's not innovation when you devolve the user experience. Just like the mouse is far more efficient than touchscreens (with high sensitivity you put much less effort with the mouse) and hipster kids can suck it.
        Its really not though. You are just used to it. The mouse is a clumsy awkward hard to learn tool that was used as a touch tool, because actual touch tools where not feasible from the 60s until recently. No dude, its not "hipsters", its old men whining that the world changes around them.

Its the same reason why new interface uptake is slow, and generally follows proprietary software that can force people to do things, and then the same people give up and wind up using the proprietary tool, and then a few years later make a FOSS knock off.

Some people are fine with technological limitations of the 1960s. and some people ask if we can actually do better with modern hardware, and innovate. Redhat, decided that they actually wanted to innovate instead of cater to a few retro hipsters and a few complainers lashing out at things they don't quite understand.

You remind me of all the people who screamed bloody murder at just about all new technology because you are too set in your ways. Just like

* USB
        * Multi-touch
        * Multi-monitors
        * any input device not a keyboard
        * every last wireless protocol
        * ACPI
        * ATX
        * systemd/pulseaudio/networkmanager
        * SSL/TLS

ETC.

Comment

Originally posted by GI_Jack View Post
          Its really not though. You are just used to it. The mouse is a clumsy awkward hard to learn tool that was used as a touch tool, because actual touch tools where not feasible from the 60s until recently. No dude, its not "hipsters", its old men whining that the world changes around them.
          Actually no, and I believe I did state that in my post, which you completely ignored.

Touching and tapping is extremely inefficient on a medium to large screen compared to a mouse. It simply requires too much energy to move your hand compared to a high sensitivity mouse. A mouse can be moved an inch or two for a large screen to go from left to right completely. You'd have to move like 20 freaking inches to "touch" on that.

It's called logic, you're just a delusional hipster.

Comment

Working...
          X