Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
    And because it's debianxfce-approved.
    No, it's not, because it doesn't use AMD wip kernel and have Ubuntu PPA's thrown on top of it. debianxfce has taught us that is how real Debian users roll. Also, you cannot use pulseaudio, but you can use systemd as long as you whine about it a lot instead of switching to Devuan.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedale View Post
      Aww shit.

That said, it was rather slow on my 32 bits netbooks but mostly because of the memory footprint. And i wasn't convinced bu Lubuntu. So probably farewell ubuntu on my mobile stuff.

Debian with a WM works ok still. I really liked crunchbang.
      Lubuntu with lxqt is awesome, try it sometime

Comment

This will sure cut down on tech support questions. Like Apple and their T2 chips connected to every component. It's kinda nice to tell people, sorry, GFY, and bye.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoreauHD View Post
          This will sure cut down on tech support questions. Like Apple and their T2 chips connected to every component. It's kinda nice to tell people, sorry, GFY, and bye.
          Yeah that is nice, we could do this demoting back in 2012 - spot where green and red lines crosses

But then again Intel still releasing 32bit only CPUs , also Steam happend with a lot of 32bit only games and so on...

Comment

thanks god I just built new i486 #t2sde images: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07QUTcgsO7E still nice for "older" ultra portables, w/ Intel Atom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suCj4eulTJg I recently even run the nearly last possible Linux kernel on a actual am386dx40 just for the entertaining fun of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afwIZDtrRj4

Comment

Originally posted by fagnerln View Post

Lubuntu with lxqt is awesome, try it sometime
              Will do.

That said, i like bunsen labs.

Interesting posts. I am impressed to see a Linux booting on a 386 with 8 Mo of RAM. Last 386 compatible kernel was released at the end of 2012 if i am not mistaken ?

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                But then again Intel still releasing 32bit only CPUs
                But Intel have given up trying to get Linux running on them. They now run MINIX.

Comment

Hug...

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Yeah that is nice, we could do this demoting back in 2012 - spot where green and red lines crosses

But then again Intel still releasing 32bit only CPUs , also Steam happend with a lot of 32bit only games and so on...
                    Why log scale on Y axis?

Comment

Originally posted by Dedale View Post
                      Last 386 compatible kernel was released at the end of 2012 if i am not mistaken ?
                      Dropped on 3.8, but you can use longterm 3.2.102 that was maintained up to june this year

Or 2.6.32.71 that was also maintained a lot - to march 2016
                      Last edited by dungeon; 02 December 2018, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X