Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 19.04 Is The "Disco Dingo"

Phoronix: Ubuntu 19.04 Is The "Disco Dingo"

Mark Shuttleworth has yet to come out with his usual blog post at the start of new Ubuntu Linux development cycles to officially unveil the next release's codename and discuss the overarching theme of the next six months, but the Ubuntu 19.04 codename has come out via Launchpad...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Fits with the previous names. I stopped remembering the code names years ago. Much easier to just remember the version number.

Comment

Easily the best name yet !

Comment

Originally posted by SWY1985 View Post
        Fits with the previous names. I stopped remembering the code names years ago. Much easier to just remember the version number.
        While I do the same, the codenames are always fun - and Disco Dingo is a pretty good one!

Comment

Originally posted by SWY1985 View Post
          Except you need to remember the code name to set up repositories and download software for your specific version.

Comment

As long as it doesn't eat my baby....

Comment

Mark Shuttleworth has yet to come out with his usual blog post at the start of new Ubuntu Linux development cycles to officially unveil the next release's codename and discuss the overarching theme of the next six months
              He is on the phone with Microsoft discussing their $25 Billion offer.

Comment

Originally posted by adlerhn View Post

Except you need to remember the code name to set up repositories and download software for your specific version.
                Don't use Ubuntu, problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                  Don't use Ubuntu, problem solved.
                  Or Debian ?

Comment

Originally posted by yossarianuk View Post

Or Debian ?
                    Debian sources work also with the "oldstable", "stable", "testing" and "unstable" keywords if you don't want to use the release codename.

Comment

Working...
                    X