Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedora Workstation 29 Is Looking Up To Be Another Impressive Release, Looking Great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora Workstation 29 Is Looking Up To Be Another Impressive Release, Looking Great

Phoronix: Fedora Workstation 29 Is Looking Up To Be Another Impressive Release, Looking Great

In addition to Ubuntu 18.10 releasing soon, Fedora 29 is set to be release by month's end if all goes well...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

...aaaand DejaVu Sans still is the default browser font... Why does it always l.ove (they catch me if I say it without the dot) to be the default in the Linux land?

May I rant about it? Here it goes...

(this might be a minor problem for the Librem 5 considering vertical space)

Comment

Harassment-free font of personal preference

May I rant about it?
      If you can change fonts, there is nothing to be ranted about so much
      Last edited by dungeon; 14 October 2018, 09:48 PM.

Comment

hey f29, what a cool wallpaper you've got!

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
          ...aaaand DejaVu Sans still is the default browser font... Why does it always l.ove (they catch me if I say it without the dot) to be the default in the Linux land?
          Feel free to file a proposal or a bug report changing the default font on a browser.

Comment

Firefox lets you scroll through and choose from a list of every installed font.

Hardly makes a difference, though, because pages set their own font choices. You can tell Firefox to *not* do this but then, most likely, page display will go wonky.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

May I rant about it? Here it goes...

(this might be a minor problem for the Librem 5 considering vertical space)
              so for they should change the default because of librem 5??? You want to install Fedora Workstation on a smartphone?? I guess the librem devs still have quite some time to change the defaults in their Distro on their own.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                Harassment-free font of personal preference

If you can change fonts, there is nothing to be ranted about so much
                Then you just have to figure out how to enable any kind of font anti-aliasing that comes preconfigured in any other distribution to make any font looking tolerable in Fedora. I still haven't figured out how to make fonts look as good in Fedora as they look in any Ubuntu derivative or even Arch derivatives like Manjaro or Antergos.

Comment

Originally posted by getaceres View Post

Then you just have to figure out how to enable any kind of font anti-aliasing that comes preconfigured in any other distribution to make any font looking tolerable in Fedora. I still haven't figured out how to make fonts look as good in Fedora as they look in any Ubuntu derivative or even Arch derivatives like Manjaro or Antergos.
                  TL;DR: Use "slight" hinting with the RGB subpixel hinting on LCDs.

Comment

I am testing both KDE and Gnome. KDE is tending to be my favourite, as it is just GREAT. Gnome, I believe, is at version 3.32, and that version has some teething problems. Solve that one problem on which everything else depends, and it's roaring to go.
                    I've been a Gnome user since Fedora core. That is many many years ago. Now I have to great choices and can't decide between. Is it to be KDE or Gnome?

Comment

Working...
                    X