Fedora 29 Is Now Under Its Final Freeze For Release Later This Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 29 Is Now Under Its Final Freeze For Release Later This Month

Phoronix: Fedora 29 Is Now Under Its Final Freeze For Release Later This Month

As of last night Fedora 29 embarked upon its final freeze as the last step for reaching its official debut by month's end...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So far the betas have been very good for me. I’m avoiding Modular though. That does seem to cause issues in DNF though. I kinda wish that everything modular wasn’t being forced down our throats.

Comment

I'm really loving Silverblue thus far. It's pretty amazing to know your updates are truly atomic and you can just enter system state before update and do a rollback in one command

Comment

I'm currently running the beta and I'm really really enjoying it. After having run Ubuntu for years on desktop I feel like I might permanently make the switch. GNOME in terms of performance can be hit and miss across different distros but the defaults on Fedora seem to be hitting the right sweet spot. The flicker free boot experience is a nice touch too. Also I'm pretty sure that hibernate is working by default which was unexpected.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
          I'm really loving Silverblue thus far. It's pretty amazing to know your updates are truly atomic and you can just enter system state before update and do a rollback in one command
          Just curious, what browser do you use? I wanted to try out Silverblue, but it seems like there are limitations in both ostree and flatpak that don't allow google-chrome to be installed. Just wondering if any of that has been resolved.

Comment

Working...
          X