No announcement yet.

Deepin 15.7 Ships With Power/Performance Optimizations, NVIDIA PRIME Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deepin 15.7 Ships With Power/Performance Optimizations, NVIDIA PRIME Support

Phoronix: Deepin 15.7 Ships With Power/Performance Optimizations, NVIDIA PRIME Support

A big update is available today of the Debian-based Deepin Linux distribution...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This linux should be in benchmarks, since it has great potential to become mainstream desktop linux OS.

Comment

I'm running Deepin DE with Arch base, best of two worlds imo. A really great desktop, feels much more polished / modern than many alternatives.

Comment

I hope NVIDIA will get power friendly PRIME working sometime.

Having always-on PRIME is kinda pointless. I mean, if you go on battery power.

Comment

Well, the uncomfortable truth of open source currently is that with most projects someone does have to pay the bill in the end. If it ends up being the Chinese government who pays the bill for a truly modern and refined Linux DE, then so be it

Comment

Deepin would really help itself by finally making an ISO image that can boot into live mode.

Comment

Originally posted by stingray454 View Post
              I'm running Deepin DE with Arch base, best of two worlds imo. A really great desktop, feels much more polished / modern than many alternatives.
              I'm (test-)running Deepin DE with Solus. Best of two worlds imo.

Comment

Originally posted by msotirov View Post
                Well, the uncomfortable truth of open source currently is that with most projects someone does have to pay the bill in the end. If it ends up being the Chinese government who pays the bill for a truly modern and refined Linux DE, then so be it
                Chinese government is not involved with Deepin; Chinese govt is involved with Ubuntu Kylin instead.

Comment

Working...
                X