OpenWRT 18.06 Released, Their First Update Since Merging With LEDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenWRT 18.06 Released, Their First Update Since Merging With LEDE

Phoronix: OpenWRT 18.06 Released, Their First Update Since Merging With LEDE

OpenWRT 18.06 is now available as the router/networking/embedded-focused Linux distribution...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I am not sure, it's released already. For example, ipq806x builds are missing.

Comment

Just upgraded my router. I'm happy that Lede and OpenWRT joined again :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Ilfirin View Post
        I am not sure, it's released already. For example, ipq806x builds are missing.
        Click on the "generic" folder in that page.

Comment

Nice! I'll try that on my recently obtained scrap-parts Geode machine (ath9k via miniPCI and a PCEngines Geode board). Not the Gentoo way of life, but probably more comfortable in that case.
          I'm also happy that LEDE and OpenWrt joined forces again.
          Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Its about time! Just went from 15.05 to 18.06. Hopefully the next update is a bit sooner! A bit annoying its only on Linux 4.9 though, guess they just want to track the LTS branch.

It does (as per major version upgrades in the past) still reset all your packages, so reconfiguring vpns etc is a bit of a pain.

Comment

What routers are you guys using (brand and model name)? Which ones are generally supported by LEDE/OpenWRT?

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
                It does (as per major version upgrades in the past) still reset all your packages, so reconfiguring vpns etc is a bit of a pain.
                Ah, you definitely need to give the image builder a spin…

Comment

Originally posted by wdb974 View Post
                  What routers are you guys using (brand and model name)? Which ones are generally supported by LEDE/OpenWRT?
                  My previous router (TP-Link TL-WDR3600) is very well supported, but I don't like the fact it only has an Ethernet interface. I'm using two Turris Omnia (2 GiB) at the moment, and they work really well too (but they're expensive), minus some minor quirks (RGB LED support). That said, the most amazing OpenWrt system I ever configured is based on a PC Engines APU2C4. If I needed to buy a router now, it would be my first choice, hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by wdb974 View Post
                    I use a Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H and an TP Link Archer C7. But buying an new router for OpenWRT can be a pain sometimes as of the different hardware versions and thanks to too many stupid regulations restricting free software!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X